• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man #16

9 posts in this topic

Hmmmm 6.5 mayhaps even a 7.0

Hello Hado!

When grading it a 6.5 or 7.0 in your opinion, are you looking at rounded corners? Does that knock it down badly?

Hey MODOK, I'm still really new so I don't know all that much, I like to come to these threads and give an opinion early and then see how I do on average. Though alot of what I've read sharp square corners are only mentioned in higher grades. I think VF/F books are allowed one major defect on the cover, like a 1/4 or 1/8 inch missing piece, IMO rounded corners aren't as bad as that. But again, let's wait and see if a vet can correct me on this.

Thanks folks. Somewhere between 5-6 was my guess too.

Normally a missing piece of 1/4"-1/2" will drop a book down to the VG and below range unless there are no other glaring defects. If this book had a 1/4" corner or square missing, it would probably be a 4.0

I've noticed corners tend to start rounding in the 7.0-8.0 range.

I believe corners and spines (or spines and corners) are the first two things a person looks at other than the price tag, of course.