• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Denver in two weeks, what should I do?

33 posts in this topic

We are mostly going to be hiking around the city, and colorado springs, but I wanted to check out some comic stores in the area if they are worth the trip.

Anyone have some great comic related stuff to do in Denver during some down time?

Is Mile High's store/warehouse worth visiting?

Hi,

I actually live in Boulder which is north and west of denver by about 40 miles. If you like hiking, etc. Boulder is great. I recommend Chautauqua. Some great hiking at the base of the flat irons.

Best hiking in Boulder

We have Time Warp comics which is pretty cool. Not a ton of old stuff but they have some. Tons of trades, etc.

Time Warp Comics

Boulder also has a lot of great restaurants, just search on Yelp !

Thanks for the recommendations. I think Boulder is a little further than we are going to be going. Only have about 3 full days there and that will be consumed in Denver and Colorado Springs.

Wish I had more time to hit up Boulder.

I was at one of Mile High's satellite stores near the Denver Zoo in May of this year and in my opinion you can skip it. Unless you are in to seeing unreasonable prices on mid-grade comics, chipped busts and statues stick to the hiking. Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, and Red Rocks all have great trails and some occasional wildlife. If you want a challenge drive out to Greeley and hike up Coyote Ridge.

I went to school in Wyoming. My wife and I used to make trips down to Denver all the time. If you can make it downtown they have a street mall. I think it's the 6th street mall. That was a lot of fun. Try to catch a Rockies game too if you can. It's incredible watching a game with the city and mountains as the back drop.

If you can find the main Mile High store it's pretty neat experience. Like the earlier poster said it is a little over priced, but it is the biggest comic store I've ever seen!

If you happen to be in the Littleton area, my LCS, Aamazing Fantasy Comics is very cool. Not huge, but a very nice selection of back issues and my buddy Shawn, run owns and operates the store, knows almost EVERYTHING about comics. I have never stumped him, and he's never been not able to answer my comic related questions. I try to avoid Mile High Comics whenever possible. When they have a sign on the door that says 75% off for cash, should give you some idea of their business practices!

I was at one of Mile High's satellite stores near the Denver Zoo in May of this year and in my opinion you can skip it. Unless you are in to seeing unreasonable prices on mid-grade comics, chipped busts and statues stick to the hiking. Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, and Red Rocks all have great trails and some occasional wildlife. If you want a challenge drive out to Greeley and hike up Coyote Ridge.

Definitely plan on hitting up garden of the gods. And seven falls looks sweet!

I went to school in Wyoming. My wife and I used to make trips down to Denver all the time. If you can make it downtown they have a street mall. I think it's the 6th street mall. That was a lot of fun. Try to catch a Rockies game too if you can. It's incredible watching a game with the city and mountains as the back drop.

If you can find the main Mile High store it's pretty neat experience. Like the earlier poster said it is a little over priced, but it is the biggest comic store I've ever seen!

That street mall looks cool. I know the lady will want to hit it up.

Thanks guys!