• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Slabs - CMA + Black Cat + misc <CLOSED>

58 posts in this topic

Thank you sir.

Perhaps I''ll post my raw Speeds as well.

I've always thought Speed Comics had some kick butt covers. I only have a few so far, but am always looking to add more. I'd love to see some if you get a chance to post 'em!

ofdkc8.jpg

Daredevil #7, yes it says #6 on cover, but it's #7

Note the tape on the spine, taped the whole length. I think this is archival tape, it's been there a while with no browning. Why is it there, I don't really know. It looks like somebody wanted to protect the spine and prevent staple tears. Without the tape I would grade this 7 or so. I don't think the tape is really doing anything to improve the grade, so I will call this a restored 7. Moderate tanning on the inside of the front and back covers, but the pages are OW to white (really nice for a book this old). Great art and stories. Daredevil vs the goon with a plate in his head wielding a meat cleaver, a nice Pat Patriot (Wonder Woman clone) story, Ghost vs Yellow Claw, and others.

Tough to price this with the tape.

$160

110ezw0.jpg

Daredevil 18. Key issue with new origin. Scoop Scuttle by Wolverton inside, + Briefer pirate story, and Ghost still battling the Claw. OW or better pages, no tanning. Main problem is spine stress that the yellow cover hides well. 7-7.5 area. A CGC 6 sold for $287 in Feb 2012, 2003 a 7 sold for $403.

$360

20b0hhw.jpg

Silver Streak 13. Displays very well, tanning inside of front and back cover but pages are OW or better. Would benefit from a press as there are some slight ripples. Note spine stress mark near top. Numerous small indents. Tough to give this more than 6, but it looks so nice, cover still has gloss which helps. Great art and stories. Objectionable content though, the Silver Streak story is vs the Laughing Hyena Gang who's trademark is lynching black people, there are numerous depictions of sharecroppers being hanged (just FYI some might want to avoid this type of book). Daredevil vs the Scarlett Skull, which appears to be almost the same as Timely's Red Skull.

I don't think you'll find many of these for sale.

$350

24b6skx.jpg

Speed 40

Oh the poor Black Cat caught up in Octopus arms, lol FYI she's only on the cover.

Great art inside, Shock Gibson and Girl Commandos too inside, OW or better pages. Book has staple stress and a crease on back cover (4 inch long), I grade it 6.5 but it looks so nice.

$120 SOLD

16ab8qx.jpg

Speed 44. This one does have a Black Story inside, with a Shock Gibson and Blonde Bomber too, + an extra Captain Freedom story. It seems this issue had more pages than preceding ones. This is also the last issue of the series. Not much close (oops I mean gloss), crease in top corner of back cover about 2 inches long, some soil on book and some corrosion on staples. I give this a 5-5.5, but again look pretty nice for grade.

$90 SOLD

Well that's enough for today. Gets old scanning books and trying to sell them.

I'll try to pop in tomorrow and post a few more, then probably wrap things up Monday or Tuesday.

One other thing, 1 person sent me a PM asking if I would accept a time payment. Yes I am open to a reasonable offer on that and I will try to accommodate people.

Thanks again for all the purchases today.