• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade: Giant-Size Conan #1

15 posts in this topic

This book does have a right edge FC overhang (easily trimmed! 27_laughing.gif) But, this has never bothered me personally in a book. Clearly, it's a QP issue, but where do you draw the line? Less unsightly than printer's creases, and as we have seen CGC really doesn't deduct squat for those. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is that water damage top left corner BC? confused.gif

No, just a little dirt. hi.gif

it looks like a fold... but you've got it in hand.

so cgc would overlook the staple "impression" on the right side, back cover? is that what folks are saying when they say that they are forgivving with square-bound books?

anyway, 8.5 is my thought...

CGC is lenient on squarebounds in regards to the spine. The corners still need to be sharp as well as the edges for a HG.

Yes death, I agree, but the spine corners on this one are soft only due to the overall spine puckering -- again another production defect.

8.5, unless you "fix" the overhang and make the right edge look sharper smile.gif - then9.0/.2

Darth,

I always leave such "fixes" up to the buyer! devil.gif I just can't see myself wielding an exacto blade foreheadslap.gif

Y'know virgin overhangs are kinda cool . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is that water damage top left corner BC? confused.gif

No, just a little dirt. hi.gif

it looks like a fold... but you've got it in hand.

so cgc would overlook the staple "impression" on the right side, back cover? is that what folks are saying when they say that they are forgivving with square-bound books?

anyway, 8.5 is my thought...

Actually Savage Tales has it now . . . and yes, I believe that the staple impressions are generally overlooked unless they are rusty -- anyway you cut it -- it's a sweet copy.