• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Hero movies...will there ever be a cross-over?

28 posts in this topic

Now that Spidey 2 is breaking all sorts of records, I wonder if someone somewhere will get the idea to do a cross-over movie with two or more super-heroes at some point in the future (ala the old Marvel cross-overs, or even Secret Wars or Infinity Gauntlet series of the 80s/90s). And when I use the phrase cross-over, I'm not talking about Daredevil/Electra, but rather two or more mainline heroes (from totally seperate titles) uniting in one film.

So, step up right now and proclaim what heroes you would want to see in a cross-over movie, and who would be their main antagonist(s). What Marvel or DC characters do you think would work best? (but obviously not both brands in the same movie). Also, what pre-existing storyline do you think would translate well into a two hour movie?

Personally, though I am a confirmed Marvel zombie, I would LOVE to see Batman & Super-Man united ala Miller's The Dark Knight Returns saga.

I think it would be cool to do a sort of trilogy out of Secret Wars (the original) at least. Of course the magnitude of it would be to much to put on screen if done right and not made to look corny like other movies with multiple heros/villians in it as noted in past posts on this forum. But if they ever got the technology to put it up on screen...might be something to rival (dare I say...) LOTR!!!! insane.gif

Wolverine, even in a cameo with Spidey would make the most sense marketing wise. Have them teamup together to fight the Juggernaunt would be awesome. I actually saw X2 again last night and with Jean Gray dying (yeah right) do you think they set up X3 for her return as Phoenix? Hulk cameo in the Thor movie would be over the top. Iron Man or Spidey apperance in a FF movie?

I watched about 5 minutes of some stupid show yesterday with a women superhero called the Black Scorpio or Scorpion? Hot chick, nice outfit but it had to be the about as dumb a show as I have ever seen. Gives comic characters a bad name.

the simple answer is the problem of film rights that have been bought by various indiviuals and studios. Warner/DC has the best shot at one since they own their own characters and could bring together the producers who have Supes, Bats WW Flash etc.

But Marvel's '5000' characters are spread out between many companies. Only pure desperation would force them to try to cooperate on a teamup film. The problems are many, but first off, deciding on a split of rights and profits would be ugly. Arguments over which was the more sellable character driving the film would be difficult to settle. Each side would feel entitled to more than 50% since they were "carrying" the other guys.

But, never say never! I wouldnt be surprised if someday we saw one.

Hmm, if I had over 9000 posts to my name on a comic book forum, I don't think I'd be so quick to hit the Fanboy Alert button. devil.gif

Sorry Drooly, but there are lame comic fanboy subjects that even I wouldn't touch, this being one of them. grin.gif

"Oh yeah, wouldn't it be cool for Spider-man to like, walk out on a ledge, and there's Wolverine, slicing him a new one, and then bingo, up pops the Silver Surfer, only it's not him, but a Skrull in disguise, who's then crushed by the huge boot of... Juggernaut. Then Spidey and Wolvie stop fighting, and join forces to stop Juggy, but he's too strong... but wait, who's that on the ledge... Nightcrawler and Colossus, who jump to help and they all lay into Juggernaut, but it's not enough and Juggy knocks them all off the building...

And that's ONLY the first part of a planned Quadrilogy..."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hmm, if I had over 9000 posts to my name on a comic book forum, I don't think I'd be so quick to hit the Fanboy Alert button. devil.gif

Sorry Drooly, but there are lame comic fanboy subjects that even I wouldn't touch, this being one of them. grin.gif

"Oh yeah, wouldn't it be cool for Spider-man to like, walk out on a ledge, and there's Wolverine, slicing him a new one, and then bingo, up pops the Silver Surfer, only it's not him, but a Skrull in disguise, who's then crushed by the huge boot of... Juggernaut. Then Spidey and Wolvie stop fighting, and join forces to stop Juggy, but he's too strong... but wait, who's that on the ledge... Nightcrawler and Colossus, who jump to help and they all lay into Juggernaut, but it's not enough and Juggy knocks them all off the building...

And don't forget the Hulk! sumo.gif

Or is that the Green Goblin after he put on a few pounds? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif

Hey JC good one. How could I forget a FF, Silver Surfer cross over. 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif Join in any time you want. stooges.gif

Wolverine, even in a cameo with Spidey would make the most sense marketing wise. Have them teamup together to fight the Juggernaunt would be awesome. I actually saw X2 again last night and with Jean Gray dying (yeah right) do you think they set up X3 for her return as Phoenix?

Famke Janssen (Jean Grey) is signed on for 3, and everyone involved seems to want to go into the Phoenix direction, so it looks like it will happen. What I can't figure out is, where is she going to pop up from? She supposedly drowned and then a few days pass while they show the X-Men mourning her at the end of the film. Maybe they can say she was in some sort of 'suspended animation' under the water for a while, then arose. But, in X2 she is already Phoenix and just doesn't know it, right? Her powers are out of wack and she's got the Phoenix fire in her eyes... Bryan Singer said she mutated/radiated during the fight with Magento at the Statue of Liberty. It's very subtle but if you look, they show Jean react to a power surge that doesn't seem to effect the others. I'm trying to figure out where they're going with this, and IMO if they want to do the Phoenix story from the Claremount/Byrne era properly, they should be expecting at least 3 more X-Men movies to do this. They still have to finish what they started with Wolverine, too.

...any more than any other therad here???

Need I remind you:

I think it would be cool to do a sort of trilogy out of Secret Wars

Hater! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Actually, cross-overs were a joy and part of the success for Marvel Comics in the 60's, I think it only natural that having even a small cross-over in the movies would be equally fun. I remember the audience reaction in the Hulk movie when Lou Ferrigno walked out of the police station, a cross-over of the TV Hulk with the movie. h

Actually, cross-overs were a joy and part of the success for Marvel Comics in the 60's, I think it only natural that having even a small cross-over in the movies would be equally fun. I remember the audience reaction in the Hulk movie when Lou Ferrigno walked out of the police station, a cross-over of the TV Hulk with the movie. h

At the risk of sounding like FuelMan, who appears to have stopped reading comic books in 1967, I think it would be kind of cool to have very brief cameos of other Marvel properties in movies. Say in Spider-Man 3, Peter Parker has to go to court for some reason, and Ben Affleck (who by 2007 will have been reduced to performing in Catskills summer stock) is there as Matt Murdock doing a filing. Just a cameo, nothing more.