• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else playing Guild Wars 2?

72 posts in this topic

I may give it a try, still haven't looked at screenshots or vids yet. WoW just released most of the new game features for their expansion coming out in a month, so I'll likely be highly distracted learning all the new abilities of the multiple classes I play (warlock, resto and guardian druid, hunter, discipline priest, holy paladin, subtlety rogue).

I may give it a try, still haven't looked at screenshots or vids yet. WoW just released most of the new game features for their expansion coming out in a month, so I'll likely be highly distracted learning all the new abilities of the multiple classes I play (warlock, resto and guardian druid, hunter, discipline priest, holy paladin, subtlety rogue).

Buy Guild Wars and you'll forget you ever played WoW.

Here's a few screens of where I happen to be standing at this moment.

Note that I had to shrink it and res it down to get it to attach. It looks a lot nicer than this.

129484.jpg.8fd577a6011776fe529ebb5cdae1642e.jpg

129485.jpg.cae8961421ef621c0ab8cedcdd6bdabd.jpg

129486.jpg.95d6b7774b1c007484e14316d298915c.jpg

Do you play a female character because it makes other players treat you better, or is it because you like to stare at boobs? hm For me, it's both. :cloud9:

Definitely both. lol

I have a couple of classes in this game that I've made male characters. That's really the first time I've ever made a male character. I've always been a female in game. All the horny mouth breathers give you free stuff just because you grouped with them to kill some monster.

Here...look at my boobs. I'll take your stuffs. lol

Do you play a female character because it makes other players treat you better, or is it because you like to stare at boobs? hm For me, it's both. :cloud9:

Definitely both. lol

I have a couple of classes in this game that I've made male characters. That's really the first time I've ever made a male character. I've always been a female in game. All the horny mouth breathers give you free stuff just because you grouped with them to kill some monster.

I thought it was so you could stare at her butt as you play game

Definitely both. lol

I thought it was so you could stare at her butt as you play game

That's the other benefit. :cloud9:

Definitely both. lol

Same. In Ultima Online I not only played a female, but to avoid the insufficiently_thoughtful_person teenage boys who would hit on me, I told everyone I was a lesbian. I played for five years and got to know a ton of people really well--real names, email addresses, etc--and they all thought I was a woman. I had to turn down about a dozen requests to meet in real life due to my shameless ruse. :blush: They knew my fake name and fake girlfriend's name, who I named after my real girlfriend. When I first started doing that, it was mostly so guys would be nice to me...female characters in UO weren't big or detailed enough for the art to be a compelling reason. But it quickly became a social experiment...it was fascinating to see how differently female characters are treated. The better I got to know some people, the more fascinating the way they treated me differently because they thought I was a woman became. :popcorn:

I won't really do that same thing anymore since microphones are so common in gaming these days, and also because I suppose the social experiment ended after 4-5 years of engaging in it, I got pretty used to it after the first few years. :blush:

I had a guy that was giving me items because he thought I was a girl. I never told him I was. I never told him I wasn't. He was nice to me and gave me stuff. Good stuff. Lots of stuff.

Anyway, he ends up getting obsessed with me and starts stalking me. Like...creepy stalking. Finally I'm like, "dude, I'm a guy." He's like "don't tell me things that are not true trying to play with my emotions." I finally had to get a friend to be my "live in boyfriend" and send the guy PMs telling him he knew we were having an online thing and that he was going to kick his and that if he kept talking to me that he was going to beat me. It got way creepy.

To this day my buddy still asks me if I've heard from my "boyfriend" lately. lol

I just remembered I wasn't a fan of GW1's controls, that was the other major reason I didn't get into it. Coming from first-person shooters like Doom/Quake/Unreal/etc I needed tight controls...WoW had them, GW1 didn't. Warhammer didn't either, and to boot Warhammer's animation was crappier than WoW and GW1, the motion was quite jerky and I couldn't watch it for long without getting annoyed. The animation was better in SWTOR, but not as fluid as WoW, and the controls felt a bit stiff as well but were overall quite good. I expect they've worked the control issues out in GW2, or at least I'd hope they have. If the Arena Junkies guys are taking it seriously, then I bet the controls are solid.

I am still pondering if I am going to get GW2 since I know how much time I put into the first one.

You know you want to. :baiting:

Ok you twisted my arm. I went and bought it.

lol

You'll thank me later. lol

I had a guy that was giving me items because he thought I was a girl. I never told him I was. I never told him I wasn't. He was nice to me and gave me stuff. Good stuff. Lots of stuff.

Anyway, he ends up getting obsessed with me and starts stalking me. Like...creepy stalking. Finally I'm like, "dude, I'm a guy." He's like "don't tell me things that are not true trying to play with my emotions." I finally had to get a friend to be my "live in boyfriend" and send the guy PMs telling him he knew we were having an online thing and that he was going to kick his and that if he kept talking to me that he was going to beat me. It got way creepy.

To this day my buddy still asks me if I've heard from my "boyfriend" lately. lol

lol that's insane. I don't know why anyone would assume males would only play males and females, females.

I don't play MMOs, but in any games where you can make your own character I almost always go female. I just prefer looking at a female, and I don't "role play" by pretending I'm that character when I play games.

Anyway, he ends up getting obsessed with me and starts stalking me. Like...creepy stalking . Finally I'm like, "dude, I'm a guy." He's like "don't tell me things that are not true trying to play with my emotions." I finally had to get a friend to be my "live in boyfriend" and send the guy PMs telling him he knew we were having an online thing and that he was going to kick his and that if he kept talking to me that he was going to beat me. It got way creepy.

I really wish I had never read this story.