• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TTA #69

15 posts in this topic

I am going to be a bit more negative and perhaps err on the conservative side: 6.5/7.0

The scans give the appearance of very well-abraided corners and it looks like there's a small hole in the back cover. There also seems to be a fair bit of upper spine abrasion though one would need to look at the book from the side.

The fold of the book looks a bit awkward -- difficult to tell if it is factory or post-production.

Its hard to tell if that is a small hole or tear at the top spine B.C. The book presents well but does have quite a few color flecks and corner wear on the F.C. & edges.

Yes, I got them from his sales thread. My guess from the scan was 6.5/7.0 from the scan alone, so it's only come down a little. The blacks aren't quite as solid as indicated in the scan and I didn't originally account for the hole in the BC. All in, I'd buy this book again (plus the other three I got as well)

Blacks can be misleading because of the impact of light when you have the book in hand.

After my first scans, I am trying to do color compensations very carefully after scans, to try to represent the book as is truly is. White covers are often even more difficult to scan properly.