• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think people are posting less than a few months ago

24 posts in this topic

When I came here I couldnt read as fast as people posted here and now it kind of slowed down, sometimes there is no new posting for a whole 30 minutes or longer.

Does that mean that the comic industry is going down? Are we all doomed?

To be fair Jens, it is threads like this...where you throw a jibe at Greggy, and he throws one back at you, that got people to stop reading a ton of threads that broke down into the posters just tossing semi-insulting comments at each other. Not much of an incentive to contribute to these boards when the above type of thread was all too common here, as recent as just a week or two ago.

I think that once Bugaboo, Rickdogg, Greggy, yourself, etc. (I know I missed a lot of names, just remembered, meth/hammer and ablue) stopped insulting each other (even if it was just for fun), and actually started posting interesting information/serious answers to peoples questions...things calmed down and became more productive around these here parts. I think that right now there are more interesting posts on these forums. Quality over quantity, that works for me and many others I suspect (I noticed more people coming to the forum and delurking as the threads/posts became less juvenile...on-line spats get old very fast).

I do not miss the days where I would see 200 replies to a thread after less than 48 hours, and then when I open the thread I can skim through all the messages (ignoring most of them) in less than a minute because the first few posts were on-track with the subject of the thread, and the rest were two members going back and forth with the equivalent of: your mama, no, your mama, no I said your mama type posts, while the occasional trouble maker tried to join the "fun."

Apologies if I insulted anyone with this post, it was honestly not my intention to do so. I just feel that the posts from certain members have stopped being confrontational and have become informative.

Have a nice day everyone!

Christopher H

IMO the boards slowed down because everything that can be talked about regarding comics has been, for the most part, talked into the ground. Most of what we're seeing now are repeat threads from things posted a couple months back..

Brian

IMO the boards slowed down because everything that can be talked about regarding comics has been, for the most part, talked into the ground. Most of what we're seeing now are repeat threads from things posted a couple months back..

Bingo!

Chris

I have been reading online forums for many years now, and there are a few traditional slow periods a year, they are usually the same for all boards. Right after the holidays is one of those times, Spring and late summer as well. Spring and summer just because people are out doing stuff in the nice weather or going on vacations. After the holidays is probably because people are relaxing after the holiday stress, or are broke from the holidays and had to cancel their internet connection wink.gifgrin.gif

I have six forums open right now, and the posting is very slow on all of them. Luckily i will be leaving for a football party soon, otherwise I would be bored smile.gif

I am no longer posting because it is plain boring on here. Like Murph said, everything has been beaten 6 feet under and nothing but "repeat" posts have popped up.

I'm sorry if people despise humor posts. smirk.gif The board would be even more boring if there weren't any IMO. smirk.gif

Have fun guys.

I think the problem might be people making posts about why people aren't posting.

Yea, and might I add:

"This town is like a big P#%Y waiting to get F%$KED"

and

"Is this what it's all about? Eating....... drinking........ F#%K#% ..... S$#KING ...... snorting... "