• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick about the cover and it's grade...

20 posts in this topic

So I'm curious about the potential grading of a book. I just got a book and I am really interested in getting it graded but then when I received the book I noticed how the cover is on the edge.

I'm dreaming of course of getting a 9.9 or hell even a 10 (who doesn't) but I don't think this copy would even get a good grade because of how it was cut.

What would CGC grade this?

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Thanks for any replies. Should I send this book back to the seller?

I don't think that the cover issue will affect the grade at all.

I have a few moderns with covers like this that are 9.8's.

However, I have to agree that the artwork is not the best. The proportions are off. Their legs are a bit stubby aren't they?

I don't think that the cover issue will affect the grade at all.

I have a few moderns with covers like this that are 9.8's.

However, I have to agree that the artwork is not the best. The proportions are off. Their legs are a bit stubby aren't they?

So many of these Grimm variants only seem to care about proportions on one area of the body.

A quick look at other slabbed 9.8's shows the same edge as yours. A 9.9 has the cover so it appears even with the pages.

The guy selling a bunch of them for $369 on ebay is cropping his images.

So at least I'm not the only one then...lol. Hope to send it in about a week from now or earlier and see what I can pull for the grade.

Thanks for your help and everyone else