• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many page views can get a blank page in CAF? 600!!

10 posts in this topic

When I got what I consider my grail by 2007, the NM #21 cover, I used a couple of blank pages to spotlight it in my featured pieces.

The funny thing came when I found out that people kept hitting the blank pages just to discover that they were that, blank images.

I didn't know what to do, if remove them or not, and I felt bad about how probably people felt when clicking a blank page. But some of them took it with humor, and posted funny comments, so I think that I'll keep it.

This is the blank page with almost 600 hits and four funny comments:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=345380&GSub=33106

And this is my CAF gallery so you can see why I did it...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=16737

Ferran

My suggestion (not that you asked) is to put the arrows on the blank page.

This reminds me of when I worked at a NASA contractor from '78 to '81. We didn't have word processors, Sharepoint, or PDF files so manuals were updated manually. When we shortened a section, we inserted pages that read (in big letters) "this page intentionally left blank." it always bothered me because they clearly were not blank.

Congrats on the cover by the way.

The curious thing is that the blank page incremented in more than 400 hits since I opened this thread, in spite that the thread itself has less than 200, so it probably means that many people couldn't resist to click it in the CAF's most viewed and commented pages. How strong is curiosity...