• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my (now mine) Fight 31

26 posts in this topic

is golden age tighter grading than silver age or something? You can get a 7.0 in silver age with big color breaking lines on the book. This book has edge wear, but no color breaking lines anywhere. I've seen silver age books with edge wear and no color breaking lines like this press all the way up to 9.0! Usually you get an 8.0 though if there is a lot of edge wear

I kept looking at this over and over without seeing other responses, so I don't know if this has been discussed.

I saw the exposed page on the back scan and assumed it was a roll, but the front didn't look the way I would have expected it to look with that in mind.

I wasn't sure what I was looking at until I realized it's a minor miscut. I'd say this could get a 7.0- GA grade.

I was going to say 7.5 but there is a very light stain on the back left edge above and left of the "A" in "AMAZING"

is golden age tighter grading than silver age or something? You can get a 7.0 in silver age with big color breaking lines on the book. This book has edge wear, but no color breaking lines anywhere. I've seen silver age books with edge wear and no color breaking lines like this press all the way up to 9.0! Usually you get an 8.0 though if there is a lot of edge wear

I think generally it's looser.

Even after pressing I think evidence of the stress lines will still be there, just flatter and nicer looking. That wrinkle at the top should vanish. The color loss, abraded/rounded corners, foxing, stain, miscut, and what looks like a popped staple is what makes me say 7.0.

But 7.5 is certainly possible.

A larger scan would really help (thumbs u

7.0 seems about right, maybe 7.5. Looks much better. Super nice book!

The original seller mentioned here that he was concerned about possible trimming on the right edge (hence the inside front cover art being cut off). What do you think with the book in hand?

7.0 seems about right, maybe 7.5. Looks much better. Super nice book!

The original seller mentioned here that he was concerned about possible trimming on the right edge (hence the inside front cover art being cut off). What do you think with the book in hand?

I looked at the scans of previous sales on heritage and the book edges look exactly the same.

The top edge of the paper also is still dull brown to match the rest of the books edges. Its not bright white like I found on some trimmed fantastic four books where the paper had been newly exposed to the air. There is slight flaking of color a fraction of a millimeter which made me worry for a bit until I looked at the heritage scans on the top edge and those blue label books had the exact same thing.

I had a bunch of fiction house wings books from another collection and they all kind of looked like this in terms of where the books were cut. There isn't an overhang like on a fantastic four marvel to cut off. Also the Heritage scans were the same.

I haven't seen anything like that, any chance of a close up?

its a little microscopic piece of paper flipped up so I put it back down. It gets caught when you slide the book down the mylar.

I think it would look good after a press and be just a tiny tear.

There isn't a stain on the back cover, its just not showing up in hand. maybe a little dust on there?

Watching these other vets consistently, I'd venture a 6.5!

This is truly an AWESOME war cover.

I've never see a cover like this featuring such a graphic decapitation! :o

Z-DecapitiationCartoon-a.jpg