• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain this to me please?!?

35 posts in this topic

Ok, so this book sold for $1100 and change in the Schmell auction last month on HA.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotNo=91032

A few days later, it shows up in a no reserve eBay auction which ended up being HEAVILY shilled and "sold" for $1299.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140824172569#ht_500wt_1182

A few days after it "sold" on eBay, it showed up on Brents qualitycomix site for a few days and then disappeared. During this ENTIRE time, the book was listed in Comiclinks marketplace for like $1500 or $1600. Now, the book is listed as SOLD for $1250 on Comiclink which apparently happened in the last 2 days.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D4006%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D5&id=941876

AND, as of yesterday, the book was also for sale on Dougs very own site Pedigreecomics. As of today, the book no longer appears on Pedigrees site ???

Can someone explain how and why a completely non key Avengers book that seemingly no one on the planet but me would be interested in has somehow "sold" at least 3 times and been offered for sale on at least FIVE different sites in the last month (shrug)

no

Are you implying that someone is fake selling a book? Or do you think the demand for Avengers books has been raised and now people are just doing the flip?

Crazy stuff. I know my LCS once caught a fake listing of a Hulk 181. Someone had clearly stolen the picture off of another auction and made their own.

convicted fraudster linked to potential fraud. News at 11?

Are you implying that someone is fake selling a book? Or do you think the demand for Avengers books has been raised and now people are just doing the flip?

Crazy stuff. I know my LCS once caught a fake listing of a Hulk 181. Someone had clearly stolen the picture off of another auction and made their own.

I can tell you 100% for a fact that the demand for Avengers books has NOT raised (thumbs u

I dont know what the hell is going on with this book. I was involved in the phone bidding on this book with HA so i assume the book definitely sold then and cant imagine there was any shenanigans.

The eBay sale was definitely BS! I did a thread at the time. It was sitting VERY low the last day of the auction with me ready to swoop in on it. Then, 2 low feedback bidders with 100% bids with the seller raised the price to pretty much EXACTLY what was needed to cover the HA cost+eBay fees+PP fees. That sale was total BS without a doubt.

The Clink sale, again i have to assume is legit (shrug)

Again though, if it was a flipper, he lost money without a doubt. After taking out shipping costs and Clinks cut, they lost money based on what it sold for at HA.

The weird thing is, this is a Avengers 33 for gods sake. There are NOT that many people looking for uber HG Pedigree Avengers 33 books i can assure you, especially at THOSE prices. For the life of me, i cant understand what the heck is going on with this book and why half the comic sites on the web have been playing hot potato with it the last month ???

I'm thinking all these sellers are in co-hoots together and are out to drive sufunk batsheeet crazy :ohnoez:

Luckily, i have a 9.6 Pedigree copy so its not quite driving me batsheet but i'd be lying if i said i wasnt 50% annoyed and 50% curious what the hell is going on with this book! hm

CLink: Date Listed: 8/5/2012 12:41:43 PM EST

eBay: Ended: Aug 19, 2012 19:15:15 PDT

hm

Oh, it was DEFINITELY listed on Clink before, during and after the eBay shillathon!

How many of these type "sold" taint GPA?

I was thinking the same thing.

The $1135 HA sale and the $1300 eBay "sale" show up on gpa but obviously the Clink sale doesnt as they dont report to gpa. Still, in my mind, 100% theres a fake $1300 sale for this book on gpa now. Not a huge deal but thats still over a 10% increase from the only REAL sale on record. tacking on an extra 10% value to a 4 figure book is nothing to sneeze at (shrug)

I can tell you 100% for a fact that the demand for Avengers books has NOT raised (thumbs u

Really? That is disappointing for you collectors. I know that since new Amazing Spider-Man I've been amazed at the prices 121 is going for on the bay. I had just thought that the key Avengers would also see a rise in price. I must not be keeping track as well on those books.

convicted fraudster linked to potential fraud. News at 11?

Say it ain't so, Joe.

Seriously, you ladies obsession with Dougs mistakes is almost scary!

I'm 100% positive that Doug was not the buyer of his own book from HA. I'm also pretty positive that Doug was not the eBay seller or buyer. I'll admit, it was very odd that the book showed up in Pedigrees marketplace for a day or so before being removed but i fail to see what Doug or his past has to do with this.

You guys need to get over him move on :eyeroll: