• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help With What to Do with my Avengers 4?

16 posts in this topic

Hello. I need help on what I should do with my Avengers 4. I have a CGC graded .5 copy which is missing page 12, otherwise in pretty nice shape. I have a parts book with the missing page needed in the CGC graded book. How much would it cost to merge them? Will it receive a qualified grade? What should I do?

thanks

Dillon

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

What should I do?

Nothing.

The .5 would not benefit from having the missing page replaced. And the coverless interior does not deserve to be taken apart further.

Too many copies of this issue floating around to do anything but crack it out, and enjoy the heck out of it.

What should I do?

Nothing.

The .5 would not benefit from having the missing page replaced. And the coverless interior does not deserve to be taken apart further.

Too many copies of this issue floating around to do anything but crack it out, and enjoy the heck out of it.

I cant say i agree. Having one complete book is better than 2 incomplete imo.

What should I do?

Nothing.

I cant say i agree. Having one complete book is better than 2 incomplete imo.

Normally I would agree with you, as I am typically pro married pages/covers.

But when I consider the condition of his .5 cover, adding a missing non story page only seems to make the deal worse.

Especially when it would take money to do so, and change the status of an otherwise unrestored, reader quality issue.

I would like to increase its value. Does restoring it exceed its final value, after being restored?

thanks

Is the coverless copy complete, minus the cover of course?

Restoring will, IMO, raise the value. However i doubt it will raise the value enough to cover the costs involved (especially if the 272 sale in GPA is yours :eek: ), so if investment is your goal just sell what youve got there and buy a complete copy.

Nope not me at all! Got mine cheap. What would it cost to add the whole wrap for the 12th page into the book. Should then grade at a higher universal grade right?

thanks again

http://www.HeroRestoration.net the guy who replied to you at the top of the page is really good at restoring comics with reasonable rates. Contact him see if you can send both issues in and see what he thinks the best route to go is.

Hello. I need help on what I should do with my Avengers 4. I have a CGC graded .5 copy which is missing page 12, otherwise in pretty nice shape. I have a parts book with the missing page needed in the CGC graded book. How much would it cost to merge them? Will it receive a qualified grade? What should I do?

thanks

Dillon

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

If it was complete I think you would be looking at a book that would get 1.0 - 1.5 causing the books value only to go up by 60 to 120. Your better off trying to find a better looking copy I see this issue get brought into comic stores at least once a month where I live. So you may be best off leaving it alone.

Because both of your copies are of so little value, why not just try to marry the page yourself? They're just not worth enough to send them to a resto expert. Even if you screw them up a little the value wont change on them, because they're all ready low value.

Open staples. Get the full wrap out of your coverless copy. Put wrap into good copy. Close all staples. Sell coverless copy (with full disclosure of missing ad page) and recoup some $.

That's what I would do. I would ONLY do this on really low grade copies like these. If you have a high grade comic that needs a wrap.... best to let the experts do it.

This might be a dumb question, but couldn't you just pop the staples on the .5 copy, and put the cover of it onto the coverless copy?

That way you can skip marrying a page, or replacing a whole wrap.

Sounds like a simple solution to me, but I'm newb with zero resto experience.

Is there a reason why that wouldn't be an option?

This might be a dumb question, but couldn't you just pop the staples on the .5 copy, and put the cover of it onto the coverless copy?

That way you can skip marrying a page, or replacing a whole wrap.

Sounds like a simple solution to me, but I'm newb with zero resto experience.

Is there a reason why that wouldn't be an option?

This is what I was getting ready to post. Yup, if it were me I think putting the cover from the .5 copy ontothe coverless copy is the best bet. You could probably do this yourself.