• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomb Of Dracula #1

103 posts in this topic

I can also join the club. :headbang:

2011-07-05145246-1.jpg[/img]

Nice book Frankie, I was just about to send mine in to CGC but when I took it out of the bag to scan, I managed to put a rip in the cover :( Not worth sending in now

That stinks bro...self inflicted damage is the worst. Take something out and either rip it or do a nice tape pull.....such a bad feeling. I always try and take the tape off before removing the book....but there have been a few times that has happened to me. :sick:

It wasnt a tape pull, it was in an ultra-pro bag and so tight I had to pull it and the top edge ripped on the top of the bag. I hate these bags, its not the first time I have done this.

I have had this book for more than 25 years

Here is a before scan.

TombofDracula1.jpg

Nice book Frankie, I was just about to send mine in to CGC but when I took it out of the bag to scan, I managed to put a rip in the cover :( Not worth sending in now

That stinks bro...self inflicted damage is the worst. Take something out and either rip it or do a nice tape pull.....such a bad feeling. I always try and take the tape off before removing the book....but there have been a few times that has happened to me. :sick:

It wasnt a tape pull, it was in an ultra-pro bag and so tight I had to pull it and the top edge ripped on the top of the bag. I hate these bags, its not the first time I have done this.

Here is a before scan.

TombofDracula1.jpg

Yeah any kind of damage at your own hand is the worst. Short time ago ....

Off eBay I won a 3 books. Amazing Adventures 3 ( last book for my 20 years goal) was one of them...all presented great....took them out to inspect them....books were so brittle the covers came off of two of them in my hands.....3rd one split real bad. Sent them all back. Never had that happen. Maybe the seller pressed them or something too hot and dryed them out. Was weird.

Here is a before scan.

TombofDracula1.jpg

Yeah any kind of damage at your own hand is the worst. Short time ago ....

Off eBay I won a 3 books. Amazing Adventures 3 ( last book for my 20 years goal) was one of them...all presented great....took them out to inspect them....books were so brittle the covers came off of two of them in my hands.....3rd one split real bad. Sent them all back. Never had that happen. Maybe the seller pressed them or something too hot and dryed them out. Was weird.

Thats a shame Frankie, Amazing Adventures 3 is a tough book, I hope you find it soon bro, I have a real low grade copy and could do with an upgrade myself lol

AA03.jpg