• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomb Of Dracula #1

103 posts in this topic

With almost 800 copies graded, what makes this book in demand?

I see it listed in almost every auction...I picked-up a copy many years

back grouped with The Invisible Man, The Spectre, some Brave & Bolds

and some Strange Adventures, all for $25.00 for my sons.

mm

It's in demand because a) it's the first issue in a long running, cult classic series and b) it features a gorgeous cover by Neal Adams.

I bought a copy for my collection just for the cover. I'm sure there are many others who have done the same.

Neal Adams Gothic horror cover. Tough to beat that combination. :cloud9:

I see it listed in almost every auction...

Why do people assume that a high or higher census number has any correlation with demand? If there are more than 800 people looking for a slabbed copy then you've got your demand.

Maybe there's a reason you are seeing them in every auction.

A better question would be what they are selling for?

I see it listed in almost every auction...I picked-up a copy many years

back grouped with The Invisible Man, The Spectre, some Brave & Bolds

and some Strange Adventures, all for $25.00 for my sons.

mm

Neal Adams

Picture Frame

A well written series.

Are the stories any good?

First few issues are quite mediocre.  Wolfman takes over with issue 7, starts getting better with the Blade intro, issue 10, and soon it becomes one of the most consistently excellent horror books of the 70s.

First few issues are quite mediocre.  Wolfman takes over with issue 7, starts getting better with the Blade intro, issue 10, and soon it becomes one of the most consistently excellent horror books of the 70s.

If you haven't read it I highly recommend picking up the Essential trades and checking it out. Even in black and white this series is great. Actually now that I think about it Colan's work might be even better sans color.

After reading the entire series, the first few have a mysterious tint to them, which stands well next to their refinement of the character of the later issues.