• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you read comics or just collect them?

Read or Collect  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Read or Collect

69 posts in this topic

I read everything I buy. My wife never reads her Thor collection. I buy her trades and she still doesn't read them.

It's obvious she wants to spend time with you...

Put the books down and take a break, a good woman that puts up with

her comic geek needs quality time too.

;)

i own every Walking Dead book, and have read them all.

i own the entire Planet Hulk storyline, and have read every book.

i own entire/almost entire runs of Valiant's Magnus, Shadowman, A&A, & X-O Manowar and have read them all. Also have Rai 0-8 and have read them.

i own every Detective Comics book from 500-current and have read 80% of them. Also have 1/3 of 400-499 and have read them all.

i own entire/almost entire runs of Valiant's Magnus, Shadowman, A&A, & X-O Manowar and have read them all. Also have Rai 0-8 and have read them.

i own every Detective Comics book from 500-current and have read 80% of them. Also have 1/3 of 400-499 and have read them all.

Is planet Hulk pretty good? I saw a cartoon movie on DVD and found out it was a storyline from the comics. Looks pretty interesting

Is planet Hulk pretty good? I saw a cartoon movie on DVD and found out it was a storyline from the comics. Looks pretty interesting

planet hulk was EXCELLENT. everything after Hulk #105 was horrible (to me), but 92-105 is a classic storyline (even some issues before #92 were great, i would suggest starting around #87/88). i was mad they didn't keep hulk in that type of storyline, as it fit him perfectly.

planet hulk was EXCELLENT. everything after Hulk #105 was horrible (to me), but 92-105 is a classic storyline (even some issues before #92 were great, i would suggest starting around #87/88). i was mad they didn't keep hulk in that type of storyline, as it fit him perfectly.

Just to piggy back, I'm not much of a Hulk fan. It is too much Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for me.

Having said that, Planet Hulk was outstanding! I bought it one afternoon and when I got home I couldn't do anything else until it was done. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Just to piggy back, I'm not much of a Hulk fan. It is too much Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for me.

Having said that, Planet Hulk was outstanding! I bought it one afternoon and when I got home I couldn't do anything else until it was done. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

if you have seen the 60's classic Spartacus and wondered how that would transfer into comic books...

That would be Planet Hulk.

Great Run!

Well I mainly collect hardcovers so that shows how much of a reader I am...

That being said I also like to collect some of them, mostly for their covers or just because I like the stories/characters/creator (in case of Hellboy and mignola or rocketeer and Stevens).