• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers, add this guy to your eBay blacklist

49 posts in this topic

My policy is to never cancel a transaction with someone who I do not know. The reason is simple - if you cancel a transaction as a seller, the buyer (who did not pay) can leave you a NEGATIVE if he wants and there is nothing you can do.

Think about it - guy buys a comic from you, tells you a sob story. you cancel and he negs you! You then complain to eBay and eBay says - well, it was a "completed transaction" as you both agreed to cancel - feedback stands!

This happened to me. Since then, if someone does not pay, I file a claim and get my FVF refunded. If I am feeling generous for some reason, I will refrain from hitting them with a NPB claim and just eat the FVF. I will never cancel a transaction again.

Am I mistaken, because I am under the belief that the last time I cancelled a transaction it said that I would receive a FVF...

My policy is to never cancel a transaction with someone who I do not know. The reason is simple - if you cancel a transaction as a seller, the buyer (who did not pay) can leave you a NEGATIVE if he wants and there is nothing you can do.

Think about it - guy buys a comic from you, tells you a sob story. you cancel and he negs you! You then complain to eBay and eBay says - well, it was a "completed transaction" as you both agreed to cancel - feedback stands!

This happened to me. Since then, if someone does not pay, I file a claim and get my FVF refunded. If I am feeling generous for some reason, I will refrain from hitting them with a NPB claim and just eat the FVF. I will never cancel a transaction again.

Am I mistaken, because I am under the belief that the last time I cancelled a transaction it said that I would receive a FVF...

Yes, on a cancel, you get the FVF back, but the issue is that the buyer who did not pay still has the ability to leave you a NEG which is BS - again, I no longer allow for cancellations because of this.

Yes, on a cancel, you get the FVF back, but the issue is that the buyer who did not pay still has the ability to leave you a NEG which is BS - again, I no longer allow for cancellations because of this.

BTW... Since I see you live in our quiet little town....

I think NYC is getting even stranger... last night there was a guy walking down 34th holding a dead garden snake in front of him telling people his hands were bloody. I stopped and asked if I could take his picture.

12497B83-2203-4381-B0C1-AB7171D1C965-4349-0000028F21BC221C.jpg

Okay.

Can we turn this into a bidders to block thread? okay cool.

1. turek1933

Reason - being a D bag

2. Rphillips_get_real_job who just changed his name to rphillips_two_wrongs_dont_make_right

Reason - making multiple accounts and being charged with fraud (claiming items weren't delivered when they were) (he also left me negative feedback and recently said I was a bad rapper!) More information found at - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.phillips13/luca.htm

Okay.

Can we turn this into a bidders to block thread? okay cool.

1. turek1933

Reason - being a D bag

2. Rphillips_get_real_job who just changed his name to rphillips_two_wrongs_dont_make_right

Reason - making multiple accounts and being charged with fraud (claiming items weren't delivered when they were) (he also left me negative feedback and recently said I was a bad rapper!) More information found at - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.phillips13/luca.htm

Are you?

Be careful though.

Ebay told me they would protect me from negative feedback in this kind of situation but my responses to the buyer were deemed unacceptable by ebay and the negative feedback remains.

We would never suspect that responses made by the greatest rapper in the world would be deemed unacceptable by eBay!!

lol