• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi I just bought this book. What do you thInk it would grade and was it a deal?

29 posts in this topic

I can't go fn for this. Looks more like 4.5-5.0 for me. I would be worried about the staining, maybe water damaged and that would drop the grade for me.

Welcome to the boards.

Is that what's along the bottom edge of the BC?

Dist spray

Brown-worst of the colors-looks like somebody used the comic in the bathroom to wipe their butts. lol

But it doesn't affect the grade at this level.

oh and 5.5/6.0/6.5 depending on the extent of the damage top spine corner.

Is there a piece of the cover out or just a blunted corner?

Hard to tell with white covers.

Did you return the other Iron Man #55 you purchased?

Please dont take it the wrong way, but why are you asking this?

I was just curious. If I remember correctly, the OP started a thread about another copy of this book. I was wondering if he was just going to keep one or was looking for multiple copies.

Out of curiosity, what does a 4.5 or 5.0 graded copy of Iron Man go for?

I think the OP may have gotten a good deal after all.

6.0 recently sold for $400. 90 day average is just over $200.

5.0 recently sold for just over $200. 90 day average is $120

4.0 sold in March for $77. No recent sales to reflect the price jump this book is experiencing.

This a VERY helpful information, and I'm certain the OP as well as many others here appreciate you taking the time to research and post this. kidu.gif

Actually, as it's a raw book, I think Overstreet and some eBay searching would probably be more valuable than GPA.

Ahh, Iron Man #55… :eyeroll:

Don’t get me started on the Silver Samurai or… drum roll please, Malekith the Accursed. :screwy:

About the deal: I guess it amounts on how much you value the fact of having an original copy (i.e. not a reprint) of this issue.

Personally at these prices I wouldn’t even think of buying one.

This issue is currently over-valued in my opinion. Too much hype is driving the price up.

Did you get a great deal? Not in my opinion. The question is this: did you get a solid deal?

Maybe.

Looks like a 4.5 or a 5.0 to me.

I agree (but am often proved wrong).

90 day GPA for a 6.0 is only 230 so including shipping and grading you would pay slightly above average sale price IF this book was a 6.0. Which I think is a bit high especially if that is a water stain and not overspray.

A real bargain would have been buying this book last year in 6.0 for... GPA of $57. Or a 9.6 which averaged a sale price of $724 in 2011 and is now going for $1700 based on the last seven sales on GPA.