• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 52 1:200 B&W Covers

1 post in this topic

I don't know if this is frowned upon or not here. But I figure I'll ask and see what the responses are to know for sure. I like to draw cover recreations. Mostly for myself and a couple friends. But I have no problem sharing them with anyone else that might be interested. It's good practice for me to get back in the swing of things for my own artwork and hopefully my on series that I'm currently writing and plotting at the moment.

Anyways, to the point... I was curious if anyone here has at least the Batman and the Action Comics, and possibly the Superman 1:200 B&W variants. And if those people would mind scanning just the cover at a high resolution to share the scans with me. What I plan to do is print them to the proper size that they were originally drawn at on bristol boards.

I just recently decided to use these full size printings as a guide for getting the basic layouts on the board using a lightbox and then to fill in the details afterwards. This helps me keep everything in proportion. I learned from my previous endeavor on a recreation of Incredible Hulk 340 that I had some angles way off from the original.

hulk340-part7.jpg

But if anyone has them, and doesn't mind scanning the cover and sharing with me, I would be most appreciative. I do already have 600dpi scans of Batman 1 & 2 1:200 as well as Action Comics #2 1:200. I would love to be able to do a set of boards for all of the 1:200 covers from both of those series for issues 1-9 if possible. And maybe Superman as well.

So I would like to thank those that might find it in their heart to help me with this project in advance. And there again, if this is something that IS frowned upon here, then my apologies and I will simply try to get the scans elsewhere.

Here are the scanning specs I'm looking for...

400-600dpi (the higher the better)

descreening turned on while scanning if possible. If not possible, no worries, I can still work with it. :)

Save to a jpg at the highest quality possible. This will result in a jpg that should be between 9-15mb in size.

Obviously posting a picture with that specs on this forum would be rough. It would probably work better to upload the picture to a file share site of some kind that doesn't resize the picture.

Thanks again