• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

REHOLDER (SA Book)
Estimate at submission:  "25 working days"
Delivered: 1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)
Charged: 2/4/21 (Interval to = 7 business days; also charged for a reholder returned in 6/20!  Will call for refund.)

FAST TRACK ECONOMY (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "16 working days"
Delivered:  1/15/21
Received: 1/26/21 (Interval to = 6 business days)

MAGAZINE MODERN (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "74 working days"

VALUE (+CCS)
Estimate at submission:  "89 working days"

14 minutes ago, greggy said:

Sorry, I'm a Virgo

Mine is early September.  Is that what causes this? 

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

You misspelled virgin 

Extra Funny as Virgo is The Virgin.20210204_233325.jpg.744f72314be626c8dccc4f899d76cdb4.jpg

21 hours ago, drjmd3426 said:

Has anyone had problems with CGC not picking up your comic books from the post office?  My package arrived at the post office in Sarasota available for pick on 1/31/21 at 1:56 pm and CGC still hasn't picked it up or at least that is what tracking shows (Available for Pickup)

I emailed CGC and inquired about why the tracking status for the package I sent to them continues to read "Available for Pickup".  Here is how they responded.

Hello,

We actually don't pick up the mail from the post office directly.  It is all delivered to our office.  Due to a very high volume of mail, it is taking longer than normal for the post office to deliver all of the packages to us here.  You will see that status change once it has been delivered.

As the packages are sitting in that status for longer now, it generates that automated email you received stating your package would be sent back.  You do not need to do anything; the package will still be delivered as scheduled. 

On 2/2/2021 at 8:42 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Today, February 2, 2021, at 8:42 a.m. EDT the MSL TAT is 40 Working Days.

Today, February 5, 2021, at 9:11 a.m. EDT the MSL TAT is 41 Working Days.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:52 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 12/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

The 35 comic book MSL submission marked as "Received" today, Thursday, December 10, 2020.

"Scheduled for Grading" today, January 28, 2021.

"Grading / Quality Control" on Thursday, February 4, 2021.

I imagine that my next MSL submission either 26, which are I have already graded, 35, 40, 45, or 50 comic books, if I have the time to grade other books today and this upcoming weekend, will be at CGC a "long time."

16 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

"Grading / Quality Control" on Thursday, February 4, 2021.

I imagine that my next MSL submission either 26, which are I have already graded, 35, 40, 45, or 50 comic books, if I have the time to grade other books today and this upcoming weekend, will be at CGC a "long time."

"... [W]hich are I have already graded ..." The English language is your friend!

10 minutes ago, silverweb said:

Don't feel bad. My submission still says "Received" by CGC 12-11

The submissions for the Janson and Miller signings, per CGC, have to be in by March 15th.  Suffice to say that those books are probably getting top priority before our Joe Blow submissions.

14 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Scratch that, the Ramos signing submissions have to be in by March 12th!  So literally hundreds of books are getting preferential treatment I suspect.

Perhaps the term "pay to play" applies. As for me, I can't afford to "play."

5 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Perhaps the term "pay to play" applies. As for me, I can't afford to "play."

I just did a 5 book submission last week and initially selected to fast track all of them, saw the cart total, then inevitably went back and unchecked fast track.  Fortunately I'm in no rush for any of my submissions but geeze, come on....

There are members in this thread, possibly yourself too, that have waited literal months just to have the submission(s) be SFG.  Patience is key.

Edited by sagekilz

2 hours ago, drjmd3426 said:

I emailed CGC and inquired about why the tracking status for the package I sent to them continues to read "Available for Pickup".  Here is how they responded.

Hello,

We actually don't pick up the mail from the post office directly.  It is all delivered to our office.  Due to a very high volume of mail, it is taking longer than normal for the post office to deliver all of the packages to us here.  You will see that status change once it has been delivered.

As the packages are sitting in that status for longer now, it generates that automated email you received stating your package would be sent back.  You do not need to do anything; the package will still be delivered as scheduled. 

I'm a little confused with this response from CGC. In late December I had priority mail packages take 2 weeks to get delivered to their destination. However, recently, everything I've sent has gotten to the buyer in a matter of days. I can't imagine the local post office sitting on a massive amount of CGC boxes for 1-2 weeks before they get delivered. This is a recipe for disaster based on my experiences with local post offices. The longer packages are left sitting at their facility the higher the chances for them to get "misplaced".

5 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I just did a 5 book submission last week and initially selected to fast track all of them, saw the cart total, then inevitably went back and unchecked fast track.  Fortunately I'm in no rush for any of my submissions but geeze, come on....

There are members in this thread, possibly yourself too, that have waited literal months just to have the submission(s) be SFG.  Patience is key.

I think that as others have mentioned, CGC should look at hiring temporary employees to help pick-up, open and record books as being received in a timely manner. It won't help with the overall wait time, but at least we'll know the books have arrived safe and sound.