• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

We will see 

I'm sure a lot of his die-hard fans will submit stuff, but he's the only major artist I can think of whose signature doesn't really add much value for resellers so I don't see this being as big as most of the others  

And let's not even get started on the price for a remarque from him, good grief. Dude is full of himself

Edited by Nic8612

17 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

I'm sure a lot of his die-hard fans will submit stuff, but he's the only major artist I can think of whose signature doesn't really add much value for resellers so I don't see this being as big as most of the others  

And let's not even get started on the price for a remarque from him, good grief. Dude is full of himself

Lol that’s messed up but your right. 

It would be one thing if CGC came out and bluntly said, "Look because of all these signings, TAT's are going to increases by X amount".  But to sit on their proverbial grading hands and say nothing kind of sucks.  I'm fairly certain a majority of non-signature submitters would be upset but also appreciate CGC being upfront.  All anyone wants is transparency and CGC should know that or at minimum acknowledge the back-log.

Edited by sagekilz

1 minute ago, sagekilz said:

It would be one thing if CGC came out and bluntly said, "Look because of all these signings, TAT's are going to increases by X amount".  I'm fairly certain a majority of non-signature submitters would be upset but also appreciate CGC being upfront.  All anyone wants is transparency and CGC should know that or at minimum acknowledge the back-log.

Facts!!!

17 hours ago, Rip said:

Mine delivered on the 22nd but still not marked as received. Standard

I have a shipments delivered on 1/19 and 1/25 not marked as received yet. I also have 2 shipments that are at their post office box available for pickup since 1/28 that have not yet been marked delivered.  

1 hour ago, Nic8612 said:

Agreed.

10 years ago?  There would be a 2 month waiting list for the signature.  Now?  Sorry to say, but I don't understand why people lose their soup over a Miller signing.

6 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

Hire. More. People.

Problem with new hires is that graders aren't a dime a dozen (not suggesting you don't know that, just thinking out loud).  I'd guess that every Joe Q Collector thinks they can professionally grade books, cards, etc. but fact is, 99.9% sure they can't and while they may know their stuff, training is still necessary.

Personally, I think they need to open another 'hub' in a different state - West Coast or Midwest perhaps - to assist with the influx of being bogged down by thousands upon thousands of submissions a month.

Edited by sagekilz

5 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Problem with new hires is that graders aren't a dime a dozen (not suggesting you don't know that, just thinking out loud).  I'd guess that every Joe Q Collector thinks they can professionally grade books, cards, etc. but fact is, 99.9% sure they can't and while they may know their stuff, training is still necessary.

Personally, I think they need to open another 'hub' in a different state - West Coast or Midwest perhaps - to assist with the influx of being bogged down by thousands upon thousands of submissions a month.

not talking about just graders...people to pick up boxes from PO BOx...dat aentry in the system..expediting etc...that or just make a seperate wing for signings

3 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Like I've mentioned before, I don't believe CCS or CGS are too concerned with long turnaround times. If customers decide to send less books until turnaround times go down to something reasonable, that will have zero impact on CGC's day to day activity. They still have the same staff grading the same number of books. The last thing CCS/CGC want to do is hire more people, catch-up during busy times and then have to layoff recently hired graders when they're all caught up.

10 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Like I've mentioned before, I don't believe CCS or CGS are too concerned with long turnaround times. If customers decide to send less books until turnaround times go down to something reasonable, that will have zero impact on CGC's day to day activity. They still have the same staff grading the same number of books. The last thing CCS/CGC want to do is hire more people, catch-up during busy times and then have to layoff recently hired graders when they're all caught up.

Totally agree.  Moreover, COVID certainly has changed the entire world irrevocably so no doubt there are protocols in place at CGC just the same; stands to reason they were affected too.  There's a difficult balance me thinks.  Like you said, making hundreds of new hires to get ahead, then ultimately fire/let go that same number because the supply drops.  Their system is great and they know it.

Edited by sagekilz

mechanical error

delivered on 1/28 or close to it

marked received on 2/2

and I forgot to write "ME" for "mechanical error" on the box to opened quickly, still opened pretty quick, I'm glad it's all accounted for; sigh of relief!

1 hour ago, skybolt said:

they must not be in the business of making money then...grow the brand to new people, or people who havent thought about grading comics., invest in NCA..make the business more efficient and you wont have people laid off...