• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Aarrow108 said:

Anyone have a regular Modern Pre-Screen submission (no Fast Track) entered as "Received" on/before 3/25/2021 that they are still waiting on? Seems like most people did Fast Track based on all the updates I've seen. Hoping to see if they are working their way towards mine, or if it might have been skipped (because we all know FIFO is a lie...)

Yep! I have a prescreen/modern from 3/24 thats still stuck at "received" and by my calculations i still wont get it back until 8/10 based on their current projections.

38 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Does anyone use the delivery tracking tool on CGC? The one where you input the tracking number to see if they’ve taken possession of the box from USPS not the one based on invoice that they actually opened the box? If so how long between when the USPS says it was delivered until when it showed up as delivered thru this tool?

Never-mind apparently this is a me problem… emailed CGC who told me that they get thousands of submissions a day and this one must have missed being scanned in… Which is a bit concerning… but I guess now I wait 30 days or so to see if they open the package that there’s currently no record of. 

44 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Does anyone use the delivery tracking tool on CGC? The one where you input the tracking number to see if they’ve taken possession of the box from USPS not the one based on invoice that they actually opened the box? If so how long between when the USPS says it was delivered until when it showed up as delivered thru this tool?

Mine was a few days.

41 minutes ago, Jkelly said:

Yep! I have a prescreen/modern from 3/24 thats still stuck at "received" and by my calculations i still wont get it back until 8/10 based on their current projections.

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for the feedback!

Is is just me or are things kind of, sort of, maybe getting a tiny bit better?
Modern Fast Track 
Shipped: 15 May
Delivered: 17 May
Received: 20 May
SFG: 20 May
Grading/QC: 24 June

That doesn't seem as terrible as I was prepared for 
OR
were my expectations sufficiently lowered as to now be fine with 30+ days from received to grading?
OR
is my experience both an anomaly and fortuitous?

2 hours ago, Aarrow108 said:

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for the feedback!

No Problem. I actually have spent the last day building out an excel spreadsheet tracker that @Cool Ghoul recommended with helpful formulas back on page 853 so I can stop obsessively refreshing the submissions page. I seemingly only have one submission thats back from Jan 12th that went through CCS that is now past due where it should be in the process. 

7 minutes ago, USCMitch said:

Is is just me or are things kind of, sort of, maybe getting a tiny bit better?
Modern Fast Track 
Shipped: 15 May
Delivered: 17 May
Received: 20 May
SFG: 20 May
Grading/QC: 24 June

That doesn't seem as terrible as I was prepared for 
OR
were my expectations sufficiently lowered as to now be fine with 30+ days from received to grading?
OR
is my experience both an anomaly and fortuitous?

Your books were somehow opened and entered into the system without the 6-8 week wait most if us are experiencing right now.

1 hour ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Anyone know what's up with Walkthrough? I thought they opened these right away or at least within a day or two (yes, I marked the box on all sides).

I've had one there unopened for two weeks now.

Sorry to hear that, I haven't had any issues recently with EX or WK, all tracked in within a day or two, but I've heard others have problems.  

4 hours ago, Shockmaster said:

I sent in a Value submission right before the deadline. Does anyone know what the TAT for that would be?

@Shockmaster I have a value tier that was received 1/27/21 that’s been at scheduled for grading since mid May. :|

51 minutes ago, RedGiant said:

Sorry to hear that, I haven't had any issues recently with EX or WK, all tracked in within a day or two, but I've heard others have problems.  

Yeah, it's been ugly. Sent one book in for pressing and WK and it came back in a week (:banana:) but wasn't pressed (:censored:). It's back in the system.

This other WK book feels lost. I'm sure it's not, but it's not encouraging me to send in anymore high value books for a while. But hey, good for everyone else, I guess.