• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,070 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

It would've been a green label if they were marking it down for the sig.  What you guys are missing is Crain just did a signing event.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8952/

it's the oppostie

green label, they grade the book the actual grade and give it a green qualified label

If it is an unwitnessed sig and you request a blue label then they treat the signature as a defect on the book....

4 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

It would've been a green label if they were marking it down for the sig.  What you guys are missing is Crain just did a signing event.

and also with that signing there were no "coa's" involved which is why the original poster is either confused or (shrug) 

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That explains why it's blue label then

You don't get yellow label with a coa

So I'm not sure what you're saying other than the witnessed info was discarded? Is that what you mean?

If it is a coa that means they gave you a blue label and marked the grade down for the signature :foryou:

:tink:

Than what good is it to pay the extra money for a COA if CGC won’t give you a yellow label? This book came strait from Clayton Crains web site.

Perfect example is my 9.0 

signed before there was such a thing as signature series or yellow witnessed label

Green is an unwitnessed signature with the actual grade of the book, still discounting the signature as a defect

requesting a blue counts the sig as a defect

GetImage.aspx?c=3917724&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

1 minute ago, ak47po said:

Than what good is it to pay the extra money for a COA if CGC won’t give you a yellow label? This book came strait from Clayton Crains web site.

well since CGC doesn't sell nor give out COA's I'm having a hard time understanding where your coming from

if it was part of the CGC or any authorized witness facilitators signing, they wouldn't be creating a "COA" they'd be submitting a form or sign date and artist...WHICH WOULD give you a yellow witnessed label

BUT A "COA" is worthless in the "cgc community" unless you just deem the COA authentic, but CGC doesn't honor COA's as they can be faked

anyone else think 

that CGC did make a mistake here?

but the Original Poster is calling it a COA? when it's not a coa and was part of the signing?

Thats why I said over and over a COA mention is throwing us off :(

13 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

anyone else think 

but the Original Poster is calling it a COA? when it's not a coa and was part of the signing?

Op said it came from Cain's website. 

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

Op said it came from Cain's website. 

Ah yes Crain would have had to fill out a form and send it in for grading for you.

Once signed the witness has to see the signature and go directly to cgc with it, it can't go to the customer first then to the witness or the chain of custody is broke ....

It's a common thing that people don't understand or know when first starting with cgc.

But it is why people regard cgc yellow label with such regard, because "witnesses" are essentially deputized by cgc to do it right .....

@ak47po

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah yes Crain would have had to fill out a form and send it in for grading for you.

Once signed the witness has to see the signature and go directly to cgc with it, it can't go to the customer first then to the witness or the chain of custody is broke ....

It's a common thing that people don't understand or know when first starting with cgc.

But it is why people regard cgc yellow label with such regard, because "witnesses" are essentially deputized by cgc to do it right .....

@ak47po

essentially these guys are deputized as gatekeepers...

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47rpllk639zqo9qzcc58za

Just now, Funnybooks said:

essentially these guys are deputized as gatekeepers...

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47rpllk639zqo9qzcc58za

I knew it would be taken as light hearted 😂

Chose my words carefully, cause it sucks to hear this news  :(

I was submitting FF 49 and ASM 129 and IH 180&181 the first time I subbed for yellow label and it ended up my only opportunity to get Stan Lee SS

So I would have been po'd if I'd have messed up  :download:

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

On the note , I'm glad they got Jim lee to appear here because now I know it will be "seen" 

are you doing the remarque as well?

I am and mailing it in a couple of days :wishluck: I have the form printed out, and supposedly, that guarantees my spot to send it in before the deadline 

Still I want to get it in as soon as I can, it's still an option under the signing drop down menu too. Even if it wasn't, supposedly my spot is secure, I'm sure it is but I'll feel a lot better once it finally gets "received" :tink: 

1 hour ago, ak47po said:

I guess to help you sleep at night. To paraphrase Tommy Boy, I can take a dump in a box and slap a COA on it if you want to pay extra, I've got the time, but then all you have a is a COA'd piece of...

If you want a Yellow Label, CGC needs to witness it. 

I sent 3 modern fast track books back in February. They were received on 3/17, and have been sitting at G/CQ since 4/13. Sent an email about it, but never got a response. I'm trying to be understanding about their increased work load, but at the same time, it's pretty frustrating

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

anyone else think 

I definitely think CGC has made a mistake.  If it is a 9.8 it should be a green or yellow label.  If it is a blue label it should be lower than a 9.8.  

5 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

I definitely think CGC has made a mistake.  If it is a 9.8 it should be a green or yellow label.  If it is a blue label it should be lower than a 9.8.  

Ya that's true, I had forgotten the grade it got when I posted ...

Op never came back, so not sure if we mistook his coa comment...

Wish him the best!

15 minutes ago, Lutherbushido82 said:

I sent 3 modern fast track books back in February. They were received on 3/17, and have been sitting at G/CQ since 4/13. Sent an email about it, but never got a response. I'm trying to be understanding about their increased work load, but at the same time, it's pretty frustrating

That is odd