• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, kprime said:

I've been maintaining a very serious correspondence with customer service.

Unfortunately, I've been met with copy-paste apologies. In my next email, I'll inform them that I have died and will haunt the warehouse until my order is completed. 

Sorry your stuff is taking that long but man that is a funny email :golfclap:

10 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Current status of my submissions:

giphy.gif

Honestly this might be the best meme or whatever of 2021!  Literally no fat to trim off this perfect analogy! ^^

2 hours ago, gregwynn said:

Am I the only one who thinks the current TAT are related to cgc grading cards now? They moved graders to cards? More packages to receive and inventory? 

no they are different graders

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Very frustrated but at least I know where the problem is.

I mailed a box of 3 books on March 12th through Priority Mail.  All were FAST TRACK / MODERN / PRESSED.

They were delivered on March 15th but not 'received' by CGC until April 10th (26 full days later).

When I called CGC a few weeks back, all I could gather was that the books are apparently at CCS but I haven't been billed yet by them so I have no idea where they are or what's actually going on.

Is CCS a separate physical location?

Anyways, I was kind of curious and decided to send in 1 book in a Gemini mailer through Priority Mail last week. I shipped it on June 22nd and it was delivered on June 25th. This was an EXPRESS order and I marked 'EX' on the mailer.

Three days later it's now SFG.

So at least I now know where the problem is... sadly.

20210629_000932.jpg

31 minutes ago, Hibou said:

Very frustrated but at least I know where the problem is.

I mailed a box of 3 books on March 12th through Priority Mail.  All were FAST TRACK / MODERN / PRESSED.

They were delivered on March 15th but not 'received' by CGC until April 10th (26 full days later).

When I called CGC a few weeks back, all I could gather was that the books are apparently at CCS but I haven't been billed yet by them so I have no idea where they are or what's actually going on.

Is CCS a separate physical location?

Anyways, I was kind of curious and decided to send in 1 book in a Gemini mailer through Priority Mail last week. I shipped it on June 22nd and it was delivered on June 25th. This was an EXPRESS order and I marked 'EX' on the mailer.

Three days later it's now SFG.

So at least I now know where the problem is... sadly.

20210629_000932.jpg

If the lower tier options are so abominable, they shouldn't even be offered. It's like going to a restaurant and being asked if you'd like to pay more so that they don't step in your food. 

13 hours ago, gregwynn said:

Am I the only one who thinks the current TAT are related to cgc grading cards now? They moved graders to cards? More packages to receive and inventory? 

This could be the real culprit behind out of control Tat's. Especially since pokemon is cool again. 

19 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

are you doing the remarque as well?

I am and mailing it in a couple of days :wishluck: I have the form printed out, and supposedly, that guarantees my spot to send it in before the deadline 

Still I want to get it in as soon as I can, it's still an option under the signing drop down menu too. Even if it wasn't, supposedly my spot is secure, I'm sure it is but I'll feel a lot better once it finally gets "received" :tink: 

Nope lol I got the 3 way with Jim Scott and Alex lmao , that sounds awful lmao !!! 

19 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I guess to help you sleep at night. To paraphrase Tommy Boy, I can take a dump in a box and slap a COA on it if you want to pay extra, I've got the time, but then all you have a is a COA'd piece of...

If you want a Yellow Label, CGC needs to witness it. 

What a knowledgeable and compassionate response. Please except my apology for being so naive.

Edited by ak47po

16 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

no they are different graders

Which makes a lot of sense... seems like a different skill set and experience required. Personally think the TAT's can be attributed mostly to a bunch of book that used to be worth 50-100 and not worth the cost of the grading fees now selling for 300 minimum. A lot more books in people's collection "worth" slabbing to people. 

9 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Which makes a lot of sense... seems like a different skill set and experience required. Personally think the TAT's can be attributed mostly to a bunch of book that used to be worth 50-100 and not worth the cost of the grading fees now selling for 300 minimum. A lot more books in people's collection "worth" slabbing to people. 

BINGOI!!  apart from Pg yuck, both third party grading companies are swamped. 

Exactly. There is a much greater demand across the board (more so for CGC as it has historically pulled a higher return), and not just for comics. Majority of folks are trying to cash in while they can, CGC included (hence the disregard for trying to improve TAT or general customer service). There's no need to do anything extra beyond what's been done if the money keeps coming in lol

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21

Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21

Delivered 04/26/21
Received 06/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/08/21