• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2021 at 1:37 PM, Callipygian said:
On 11/2/2021 at 1:34 PM, Jemin said:

Well their statement is that whatever the TAT is when the books are delivered is what the estimated TAT should be.

That is not their statement, and I don't believe it ever was.

Regardless of FIFO, Fast Track, estimates, etc.. CGC does have a statement saying TAT is when books are delivered:

image.thumb.png.ca09b3b5511d5a2baa64e5db17309b0e.png

So if they receive my Walkthrough book today, it should "roughly" be 12 working days from today when it is completed (shipped?).

If the Walkthrough TAT goes up to 24 days next week it should (if things are done correctly) have no impact on my book.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:06 PM, manetteska said:

Regardless of FIFO, Fast Track, estimates, etc.. CGC does have a statement saying TAT is when books are delivered:

image.thumb.png.ca09b3b5511d5a2baa64e5db17309b0e.png

So if they receive my Walkthrough book today, it should "roughly" be 12 working days from today when it is completed (shipped?).

If the Walkthrough TAT goes up to 24 days next week it should (if things are done correctly) have no impact on my book.

Which was my point.  Yes. Under that circumstance the people that submitted next week should be under the 24 day wait while yours should be close to being done.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:02 PM, Callipygian said:

Then by definition it's not FIFO if a book that comes in after Comic A gets finished before Comic A, right?

Your standard orders should be FIFO. Hot orders (FT) are you completed as they come in.  Very standard process.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, Callipygian said:

Didn't I just tell you to keep reading after this sentence? Just keep ignoring what doesn't fit your agenda (thumbsu

I don't have an agenda. I understand that they aren't guaranteed but that doesn't change what the statement is.  Not guaranteed is implied in the word estimated at any rate.  

It's an estimate.. but you have to consider that people are CONSTANTLY "cutting" ahead of you in line by paying for the higher tiers. The more people that do this, the longer you will wait. So TATs are essentially meaningless and just meant to inform you at the beginning whether you want to enter this ride or not. (Using the Disney analogy.)

I'm sure they move people in the slow lanes along to make sure they're not waiting indefinitely though.

Edited by sckao

On 11/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, Jemin said:

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. 

It doesn't?

Exactly correct, and don’t beat me up here too much for defending them but my experience in the last 20 years almost has been FIFO with minor fluctuations based on “hot” books received. Now today I was told the exact opposite. I wasn’t trying to create an argument. I was merely pointing out that TAT are completely irrelevant. If the goal post is ever moving than you are perpetually stuck. That’s my entire point. I’ve only had a couple orders miss the TAT by much over the years. This one however by my estimate is 40+ days late as the TAT when received was 82 days. I’m on day 123 with absolutely no “estimates” on when it will be done since tomorrow the stated TAT could jump to 5000 under this apparent new policy. If the customer service rep was right the bottom line here folks is TAT is a useless concept which means nothing.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, sckao said:

It's an estimate.. but you have to consider that people are CONSTANTLY "cutting" ahead of you in line by paying for the higher tiers. The more people that do this, the longer you will wait. So TATs are essentially meaningless and just meant to inform you at the beginning whether you want to enter this ride or not. (Using the Disney analogy.)

💯 true. 

On 11/2/2021 at 2:12 PM, Callipygian said:
On 11/2/2021 at 2:06 PM, manetteska said:

But it does.

I am merely copying their own statement. I am not saying it is reality, just that it is their statement on how TATs "should" work.

I have had a submission during this process which makes zero sense (in many ways), so I know it's all rather meaningless.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, Callipygian said:

This is a start. At least you're not glossing over "estimated" anymore. 

I wasn't glossing over anything. I never expected them to adhere to a strict schedule.

Ok folks I’ve solved this disagreement once and for all.

TAT for all tiers today (which applies to all current and past orders forever and always is “MAYBE”

check back tomorrow it will be the same. 
just to eliminate any confusion in 6.2 months from now it will still be “MAYBE”

good luck to all and God speed!

TAT for CCS was recently pushed up to 200 days.  That seems like an awfully long time.  200 working days is approximately 280 calendar days (9 months), not counting holidays, convention days, and signings.  I will consider third party pressing after this... or should I just start learning to press for myself?

Anyone else have any recent movement on CCS orders?  I wonder what received dates they are working on now.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:34 PM, Callipygian said:

I think it is the way its always been but it's never been this bad.

It isn’t I promise. Not only do I submit a ton, but I’m very good friends with a dealer who submits literally  thousands a year. I can assure you FIFO with TAT starting at reception of package has been the rule for at least the last 15 years. Guaranteed for sure 100%. I agree they are completely overwhelmed and under prepared, but this new moving TAT is new. 

In regards to my 20 Moderns that I’ve biotched about on the boards since mid summer…they arrived today, almost seven months to the day my presser received them.  Not overly surprised they arrived unannounced.  I pestered my presser maybe once a month for an update because they were submitted under his account (I didn’t renew mine).  I didn’t concern myself with what I couldn’t control.  He didn’t notify me they were shipping, but I didn’t expect him to.  The pressers have enough on their plates, especially when folks are submitting dozens to hundreds of comics at a time.  I’ll update the thread after I open the box up.  I’m nervous about what I’ll find.  This was my last submission for the foreseeable future.  I’m done, unless I have to send anything back.

3B3EF4BA-BE56-40C7-BDF6-CEFB1F3932CF.jpeg

On 11/2/2021 at 2:58 PM, Galen130 said:

In regards to my 20 Moderns that I’ve biotched about on the boards since mid summer…they arrived today, almost seven months to the day my presser received them.  Not overly surprised they arrived unannounced.  I pestered my presser maybe once a month for an update because they were submitted under his account (I didn’t renew mine).  I didn’t concern myself with what I couldn’t control.  He didn’t notify me they were shipping, but I didn’t expect him to.  The pressers have enough on their plates, especially when folks are submitting dozens to hundreds of comics at a time.  I’ll update the thread after I open the box up.  I’m nervous about what I’ll find.  This was my last submission for the foreseeable future.  I’m done, unless I have to send anything back.

3B3EF4BA-BE56-40C7-BDF6-CEFB1F3932CF.jpeg

Actually, I will post results in the below thread…probably where the post belongs. 🖖

On 11/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, Topnotchman said:

I quit calling the customer service number a while back.  Must be working remote from home, baby crying in the background with scripted answers.  Total waste of my energy.     

So much this!  It was great when you could call and it would be one of the handful of customer service reps they had working there at the time.  These people were knowledgeable and and personable both on the phone and when they were at conventions.  The good old days...:preach:

I called once earlier this year and the guy I had never heard of seemed to think I was speaking in a foreign language and had absolutely zero interest in trying to answer my question.  He was in such a hurry to get off the phone.  It was a waste of time.