• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 12:48 PM, Comic Roger B said:

Can anybody post some received dates on orders that are currently being graded. I am sure I have some more time but I am just curious where they are at. My books were delivered in June but actually received 8-3-21. So, basically sitting there for going on 5 months.

Modern sub Delivered 6/17, Received/SFG 6/18, GEI 9/30. 24 business days and counting. Called on 11/1 and CS told me they are in the Grading Room and they will be a couple more weeks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 11/3/2021 at 11:48 AM, Comic Roger B said:

Can anybody post some received dates on orders that are currently being graded. I am sure I have some more time but I am just curious where they are at. My books were delivered in June but actually received 8-3-21. So, basically sitting there for going on 5 months.

Modern 32 books delivered 4/29 - marked as received 6/18 - GEI for 6 weeks on Thursday
Modern 22 books delivered 5/15 - marked as received 7/19 - been SFG since 7/19
Modern 25 books delivered 6/3 - marked as received 8/16 - been SFG since 8/16

:(

Edited by vindink

On 11/3/2021 at 9:37 AM, vindink said:

Modern 32 books delivered 4/29 - marked as received 6/18 - GEI for 6 weeks on Thursday
Modern 22 books delivered 5/15 - marked as received 7/19 - been SFG since 7/19
Modern 25 books delivered 6/3 - marked as received 8/16 - been SFG since 8/16

:(

Thank you. That really helps. I bet the 22 books will go into GEI very soon. Probably have at least another month or two on your 25 books.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:36 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern sub Delivered 6/17, Received/SFG 6/18, GEI 9/30. 24 business days and counting. Called on 11/1 and CS told me they are in the Grading Room and they will be a couple more weeks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I still don't understand their status descriptions. There should be no reason an order of books should be in Grading for more than a few days. They are updating their status way too soon. It just makes people angry. I would much rather it stay in receiving for way longer and when it hits Schedule for Grading it stays there for a week and when it goes to Grading its a few days. That way people know what to expect. But there is just way too much inconsistency.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Is that in Earth time or Pluto time?

Edited by skybolt

On 11/3/2021 at 1:43 PM, Comic Roger B said:

I still don't understand their status descriptions. There should be no reason an order of books should be in Grading for more than a few days. They are updating their status way too soon. It just makes people angry. I would much rather it stay in receiving for way longer and when it hits Schedule for Grading it stays there for a week and when it goes to Grading its a few days. That way people know what to expect. But there is just way too much inconsistency.

Then I have this submission…
Modern - 6 (TAT - 101 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 07/01

• Received/SFG - 07/06 (D + 2)

• G/E/I - 10/26 (D + 80) 

• Graded - 10/26

• GQC/Shipped - 11/1 (D + 84) 

• Delivered -  11/3  (D + 86) 

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 11/3/2021 at 1:10 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

• G/E/I - 10/26 (D + 80) 

• Graded - 10/26

Getting closer to August lol I have some delivered and received about mid-August, going to be a minute!

I think CGC accidentally opened a portal to the upside down and a palette of submissions from June were pulled in. Now they have to wait for Season 4 of Stranger Things to start so they will show up again.

Best I can come up with

On 11/3/2021 at 10:10 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

• G/E/I - 10/26 (D + 80) 

• Graded - 10/26

Now those dates make sense. But sitting in GEI for six weeks like people have been saying makes zero sense. I just wish they would keep SFG around 1-2 weeks so you know when you get to SFG that it will be graded soon as opposed to sitting in SFG for months.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:01 PM, IceHole said:
On 11/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, manetteska said:

You know the grades but not the books?

I mean what the condition is (I donno how they received my comics after shipping)...but that wait is over, I just got them.

10 - 9.8

14 - 9.6

1 - 9.4

24 "Something is  Killing the Children #1's...one of the 9.6's i dropped on the top right corner and pressed for days...color break of every page and back cover, so happy with that.

the 9.4 had 3 spine ticks...happy with that.

All the rest look exactly the same, so donno...and I mean all the same!  And CGC is up charging me for the 9.8's to standard sub cuz...money, i guess...so that adds 49.50 per book.  I can post pics...but 2 pages of fighting has filled the board up, just ask.

Had no idea that book is $900-$1000 (reg cover) in 9.8. Modern junk indeed. congrats.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

I hate to even ask this, but I wonder if they literally meant couple (i.e. 2 weeks) or the CGC version, which means 2-20 weeks. 

On 11/3/2021 at 12:48 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

My books were delivered June 7 but showed received by CGC on August 7 and have been in SFG status since then

On 10/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 10/27/2021 at 5:14 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Finally!!  Though mine is still showing G/E/I... I'm excited for you! Thanks for the update. 

Finalized/Shipped around lunchtime! Yours should be soon. Like I said long ago, remarques tendto be after signings.

Aaaaaaaand my Silvestri remarque (no press, which I'm kind of regretting now) is still sitting at G/E/I. ☹

slow value--21 comics....at cgc on 5-28-21...they got around to opening box and enter in system and bill me on 7-28-21...scheduled for grading ever since...since I've read cgc is trying to be more transparent these days, maybe they could actually give us the date that the comics are actually scheduled for grading work, then we wouldn't need to  check for updates every day or two.......when I put something on my schedule, it is down for a certain date....anybody think I will see these anymore this year??.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, rdp collectibles said:

slow value--21 comics....at cgc on 5-28-21...they got around to opening box and enter in system and bill me on 7-28-21...scheduled for grading ever since...since I've read cgc is trying to be more transparent these days, maybe they could actually give us the date that the comics are actually scheduled for grading work, then we wouldn't need to  check for updates every day or two.......when I put something on my schedule, it is down for a certain date....anybody think I will see these anymore this year??.

They can't give you an exact date because there is a continuous flow of fast track and signings jumping the cue in front of you 👍