• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,053 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, ak47po said:

I rage quit collecting comics today after seeing this sellers ebay store. Just kidding, I did cry a little bit because of my inadequacy in my slabs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274909504672?hash=item4001e224a0:g:H6oAAOSwFyFgX4Yy

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Pretty sure this is the wrong thread for this but some really nice books.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:31 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Yep. They are charging early. My last submission was charged about 4 months before it shipped.

i feel like they should be like PSA and charge you only right when it's about to ship. i don't really like the charge at a random step CGC does.

4 Economy received 7/12, SFG 9/2.

Still SFG at day 157 (assuming 5 holidays). My hope for a Christmas miracle became a pot of gold at the end of a St. Patrick's Day rainbow but now just praying for any movement at all. :sorry:

On 2/22/2022 at 2:39 PM, greggy said:

They did charge me the correct older rates today, as they were delivered by Joey on February 18th at the deadline so at least they didn't mess it up.

They normally send out the emails at 7:30 EST so let's see if they actually send one out today. 

No credit card charging email but I did get the receipt of the submission email. 

One of my 2 slow modern submissions received on 10/14 just shipped. The other one went to Grading/QC.

Grading continues to be tough these days. Only 10 books (out of 23) came back as 9.8's (was expecting 15 to 16).

25 Modern Fast Track

12/3 Delivered to CGC

12/8 Received

12/8 SFG

12/23: GEI

2/16: G/QC

2/17: Shipped

1 Mechanical Error

1/10: Delivered to CGC

1/13: SFG

2/14: GEI

1 George Perez Signature Series w/ Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

2/22: Received at CCS

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

On 2/22/2022 at 4:51 PM, qlow said:

i feel like they should be like PSA and charge you only right when it's about to ship. i don't really like the charge at a random step CGC does.

Exactly. They are just racking up interest on our money for several months. You don’t pay for your food when you make the reservation, you pay after you eat.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:50 PM, Willbert said:

25 Prescreen - Modern

Delivered: 06/23/21

SFG:       08/20/21

G/E/I:     02/01/22

G/Q:       02/22/22

Shipped:

This is disappointing.... Have seen regular modern slow track books received in early/mid October shipping. I have a Prescreen received end of Oct and was hoping to see them ship in 6 weeks or so.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

I get that they need the payment to be finished before they ship. But that can easily be done when the books go into G/E/I.

I was kidding. The joke was with the backlog of books, the accounting department must be working a week then they actually grade books.

Nothing they are doing right now seems to have the customer's best interest in mind. 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.85e5f5c72272b144e3e618d99d3f7bf9.png

They charged me right away at the correct old rates, as it was delivered on February 18th.  I would imagine that with recent developments that they won't be sending me an confirmation email for the charges but hopefully they continue the one for the receipt. 

On 2/23/2022 at 5:15 AM, PKJ said:

I was kidding. The joke was with the backlog of books, the accounting department must be working a week then they actually grade books.

Nothing they are doing right now seems to have the customer's best interest in mind. 

Definitely. I have seen a lot of high volume dealers completely switch or cut back from submitting to CGC. I just have not seen them do anything lately other than raising prices and turnaround times getting worse. I don't know what it will take to right this ship. I am not sure if they just need to not take submissions for a few months to get caught up, postpone signature series events, etc. But I think most of us would agree they need to do something drastic.