• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,094 posts in this topic

Pre-Screen Modern invoice from 8/30 shipped today. Woo hoo.

My 8/23 submission is still listed as "graded". This is getting to be wildly_fanciful_statement. How are submissions, sent in after my submission, getting graded and sent back already? What happened to them processing them in order of arrival?

They really need someone to kick them in the or help pulling their heads out of their asses. It does not appear they have any idea of what is going on inside their building.

I have some pre-screen value invoices from 8/30 that haven't been graded yet. While other invoices from the same day have been graded and shipped. It is kind of puzzling.

They chose the invoices they want to grade. Other than the speed of service you pay for, the invoices aren't graded in any particular order.

My Modern submission from 09/06/12, went to Graded on 01/08/13.

It has now been 16 days waiting for encapsulation and shipping.

That I would contact them and tell them hurry the heck up. :shy:

I have never waited that long ever.

Longest was 10 days from graded to shipped.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Since you've all choked down on not being able to get grades until they ship, what difference does it make how long it takes between stages? Further, why bother to update that books have moved to scheduled for grading? Personally, I think 2 dates matter: Date received by CGC and date actually shipped.

Here is the big question no one is surprisingly bringing up this new CGC question. hm

Since CGC will now not be giving out grades till they have shipped the invoice out doesn't that bring up some insurance concerns?

Example:

X-men #266 you have valued at $100.00, but what you do not know CGC graded it a CGC 9.9. So if the package was misplaced or stolen you would only get $100.00.

Once I knew my grades I was able to increase my insurance values according and they would just charge me extra or put me into a new tier once the grades were in.

Now I do no not have that very important luxury.

Here is the big question no one is surprisingly bringing up this new CGC question. hm

Since CGC will now not be giving out grades till they have shipped the invoice out doesn't that bring up some insurance concerns?

Example:

X-men #266 you have valued at $100.00, but what you do not know CGC graded it a CGC 9.9. So if the package was misplaced or stolen you would only get $100.00.

Once I knew my grades I was able to increase my insurance values according and they would just charge me extra or put me into a new tier once the grades were in.

Didn't you tell me to suck it up and deal with it back when this pimple originally popped?

Example:

Just the way I imagined Bob would ask that question (thumbs u

Example:

Didn't you tell me to suck it up and deal with it back when this pimple originally popped?

No. (shrug)

Maybe when it was regards to not getting grades now at scheduled for grading yeah I think it makes no sense to gives out the grades because the books are not done being graded yet. That I did say.

When books are graded meaning they are finalized that is a different story.

I think at least dealers or anyone who has an online CGC account should always have the benefits of grades being posted online once the books are graded. Not have to wait till they are shipped.

Example:

No. (shrug)

Maybe when it was regards to not getting grades now at scheduled for grading yeah I think it makes no sense to gives out the grades because the books are not done being graded yet. That I did say.

When books are graded meaning they are finalized that is a different story.

I think at least dealers or anyone who has an online CGC account should always have the benefits of grades being posted online once the books are graded. Not have to wait till they are shipped.

Which brings up the question of upcharges. Does CGC not call you to get more money for that AF15 you subbed under the Value tier until they've already shipped it to you?

What I am saying here people is I highly doubt anyone when submitting their books to CGC insures the whole invoice to what they assume the grades will be at the end of the grading process. I would think all of you usually only insures the books to value of which you paid for the books or even less than that.

I think everyone here would want to knowledge prior to CGC shipping your books if a book has now increased in value that exceeds what you insured the book for.

Again example:

Modern Submission

X-men #266 Your submission insurance value: $100

CGC grades the book at CGC 9.9

CGC or USPS losses your box.

I would see a rant of CGC thread for sure.

My Modern submission from 09/06/12, went to Graded on 01/08/13.

It has now been 16 days waiting for encapsulation and shipping.

That I would contact them and tell them hurry the heck up. :shy:

I have never waited that long ever.

Longest was 10 days from graded to shipped.

I think i'm well over a month some books marked as Graded and waiting to slab & ship. (economy from 7/12 + 8/12). I guess economy is the red-headed step child.

Well then I guess no one is concerned about their insurance values I suppose other than what you put on the CGC submission forms.

Can't wait till the first flame thread when a mishap happens. :wishluck:

CGC would not accept an AF 15 in value tier dude.

Come on now.

Yes, but they do call from time to time for upgrade fees when a book grades out worth a lot more money than the tier you submitted it under. That's a fact.

So do they go ahead and ship it back to you before calling to get more money?