• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

Modern FT

- Received 6/3

- Scheduled for Grading 6/13

- Graded 6/14

- QC 6/17

- Shipped 6/19

Standard

- Received 6/3

- Verified 6/6

- Graded 6/19

Value Tier FT

- Received 6/3

- Verified 6/7

Modern FT SS Received 6/3/13 Shipped 6/19/13

These were from Phoenix CC

So its looking like its taking about a week after submitting on site at cons for the books to actually be confirmed as received.

Modern FT SS Received 6/3/13 Shipped 6/19/13

These were from Phoenix CC

So its looking like its taking about a week after submitting on site at cons for the books to actually be confirmed as received.

From my understanding they don't take the books with them at cons. They ship them from the con using a carrier service. So yes it takes a week to enter them into the system.

Standard FT

Received 5/10

Scheduled for Grading 6/10

Today is the 20th business day.

Still marked as Graded 6/14

24 business days and counting.

My book moved to Grading/QC 6-16.

That's crazy buddy. I have a 6/3 invoice (MFT) that went graded and QC by 6/13. I thought that was fast. Hopefully yours will ship soon. :wishluck:

I hope so. It was a Standard FT (my ASM 13), so hopefully it'll ship by the end of this week.

There's no Standard Fast Track - you can only do Fast Track for Economy, Value and Modern submissions.

Whoops, I meant Economy.

In other news:

Shipped/Safe 6/19 :banana:

Modern FT

- Received 6/3

- Scheduled for Grading 6/13

- Graded 6/14

- QC 6/17

- Shipped 6/19

- Arrived 6/20

Standard

- Received 6/3

- Verified 6/6

- Graded 6/19

- QC 6/20

Value Tier FT

- Received 6/3

- Verified 6/7

Modern Fast Track

Received 5/28 (signed 5/18)

Shipped/safe: ?

Economy Fast Track

Received 5/28 (signed 5/18)

Shipped/safe: ?

Will update as they move through the queue.

Modern FT in encapsulation, Nicole said it could finalize by tomorrow and ship in a couple of days. Not bad at all.

5 days (3 business days) later the modern FT is still in QC purgatory.

2 days later, moderns got finalized today (both 9.8 :banana:) and should ship shortly.

Modern Fast Track from Philly Con

Received: 6/5

Verified: 6/11

Graded: 6/19

QA: TBD

Shipped: TBD

Found out they were just graded today. Encapsulation should be happening soon. Looks like 10 business days to get graded. Can't wait to see what the grades are going to be.

Standard

- Received 6/3

- Verified 6/6

- Graded 6/19

- QC 6/20

- Shipped 6/21

Value Tier FT

- Received 6/3

- Verified 6/7

- Scheduled for Grading

Edited by Stronguy

Turnaround times are brutal right now. I have a group of Value Fast Track Silver and Bronze age books that were received on April 30th and are now in QC. If they tell you on the phone that it is a 6 - 7 week turnaround on fast track then why not update the website to reflect this?

I have another 40 or so books I was going to send in but am probably going to hold off since they are so slow with even the fast track service right now.

I totally agree. On the relevant page they need to update the times and put in a little 'Last Updated' sign to everyone knows exactly what the turnaround times are. If they did this im sure they wouldnt be getting as many phone calls from collectors asking for their book status. The website says:-

Service Current Turnaround† Est. Turnaround Max. Value*** Retail Price

Economy 59 business days 40 business days $300 / ea. $35 per book

Today is the 79th business day and the books still havent been graded. I know a lot of you will say why dont you use Fasttrack but why should i. They offer a service for Standard Economy so im using it. I just wish they would update the website so i know how much longer i have to wait.

Turnaround times are brutal right now. I have a group of Value Fast Track Silver and Bronze age books that were received on April 30th and are now in QC. If they tell you on the phone that it is a 6 - 7 week turnaround on fast track then why not update the website to reflect this?

I have another 40 or so books I was going to send in but am probably going to hold off since they are so slow with even the fast track service right now.

I totally agree. On the relevant page they need to update the times and put in a little 'Last Updated' sign to everyone knows exactly what the turnaround times are. If they did this im sure they wouldnt be getting as many phone calls from collectors asking for their book status. The website says:-

Service Current Turnaround Est. Turnaround Max. Value*** Retail Price

Economy 59 business days 40 business days $300 / ea. $35 per book

Today is the 79th business day and the books still havent been graded. I know a lot of you will say why dont you use Fasttrack but why should i. They offer a service for Standard Economy so im using it. I just wish they would update the website so i know how much longer i have to wait.

good call, for a lot of people its not the actual waiting but the unmet expectations and/or uncertainty and lack of communications that bothers people.

But I also think that if they publicly post the slower turnaround times, some employees lose some internal drive to keep pushing harder towards the posted ideal turnaround times.

For example, if I work the 'grading' line and I know I'm doing about 100 books (number pulled out of thin air, could be 25 or 1000) a day and we're currently at about 80 days turnaround with a posted goal of 40 days turnaround, I know that I need to move FASTER, probably twice as fast, and will keep working hard to do so. If we change the posted turnaround to 80 days, I might be less inclined to speed up. "We're giving the people what they expect, what we communicated to them, so I can just keep going this way, no need to speed up." The way its set up now, they can keep using the public's perception and expectations as motivation to keep pushing harder, faster. If they let off the gas, its hard to get going again. I'm not saying this is what's happening, or that its the best strategy, just that it is one possible (and mildly reasonable) explanation.

Now that doesn't help customers so much in the short run, as we're left with uncertainty and unmet expectations, but CGC probably believes its best in the long run, or doesn't believe they have a choice. They'd rather have high goals they keep trying (and failing, but hopefully improving) to meet instead of lowered goals and expectations.

Modern Submission (no fast track)

Received: 4/23/13

Verifed: 5/15/13

Scheduled for Grading: 6/20/13

How long for grading and how long for encapsulation?

There really are only 2 dates to be concerned with: Received and Shipped/Safe. There is no accurate method of predicting the time between received/verified/scheduled for grading/graded/quality control/shipped.

My first submission

4 Standard w/ coupon - delivered and verified on 6/6

3 Modern FT - delivered and received on 6/6

I'll keep updating as they are updated.

3 Modern FT verified on 6/11

Modern FT - scheduled for grading on 6/18

Standard w/ coupon - still on verified

Modern FT - Graded/QC on 6/19

Standard - verified since 6/6