• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,095 posts in this topic

Subbed 2 magazine standard on 07/05/2013, still at "graded" as of 08/21/2013. Totally was worth paying for the fast track.... 33 business days and counting on what is supposed to be a 15 business day turn around. Oddly enough modern fast track books that were submitted with these magazine submissions came back weeks ago.

Edited by jaybuck43

I am still waiting for my ss book from WW NYC that was sent out 6/30. Is there a website or something that you can track it to know what stage of the process the book is in? So far I'm at business day 35 and wondering how much longer I should be expecting to wait for my 20 business day comic grading service to be completed...

Need to be a member to have sub tracking I think.

Also expect up to 6 months to get your books back.

I'm almost at 60 business days but its actually been almost 3 months. Still sitting in the corner still verified so I am expecting 2 more months for a total of 5 months meaning that they are way behind.

It's more like 80-90 business days for modern subs......such is life....

My last modern invoice was around 60 business days - don't know where you're getting the 80-90 days from :shrug:

Already explained it above......60 business days soon and still at verified.

Why would I make this up? lol . Someone asked so I replied. So do the math and add time for grading, encapsuling, and QC.

I look forward to visiting the offices to pick up, it's all nice and cozy inside.

You're missing my point - just because it's been almost 60 business days and your books are still in verified, doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to take several more months to get them done. There's no set amount of time for each stage of the grading process - your books could roll through all the way to shipped/safe in a week or less.

Subbed 2 magazine standard on 07/05/2013, still at "graded" as of 08/21/2013. Totally was worth paying for the fast track.... 33 business days and counting on what is supposed to be a 15 business day turn around. Oddly enough modern fast track books that were submitted with these magazine submissions came back weeks ago.

:frustrated:

I am still waiting for my ss book from WW NYC that was sent out 6/30. Is there a website or something that you can track it to know what stage of the process the book is in? So far I'm at business day 35 and wondering how much longer I should be expecting to wait for my 20 business day comic grading service to be completed...

Need to be a member to have sub tracking I think.

Also expect up to 6 months to get your books back.

I'm almost at 60 business days but its actually been almost 3 months. Still sitting in the corner still verified so I am expecting 2 more months for a total of 5 months meaning that they are way behind.

It's more like 80-90 business days for modern subs......such is life....

My last modern invoice was around 60 business days - don't know where you're getting the 80-90 days from :shrug:

Already explained it above......60 business days soon and still at verified.

Why would I make this up? lol . Someone asked so I replied. So do the math and add time for grading, encapsuling, and QC.

I look forward to visiting the offices to pick up, it's all nice and cozy inside.

sometimes it will move from verified to grading/encapsulation all in one day. i had a submission go from verified to graded/quality control in one day and had a submission go from graded to shipped in one day as well.

I have 4 modern regular submissions that will all be 80-90 days. My June 4th is already 80 days unless they ship today. lol

I'm sure on site didn't help matters. If Moderns were at 60 days I would be a happy customer. :)

I have 4 modern regular submissions that will all be 80-90 days. My June 4th is already 80 days unless they ship today. lol

I'm sure on site didn't help matters. If Moderns were at 60 days I would be a happy customer. :)

A June 4th submission wouldn't even be at 60 business days yet ???

I think some people may not be sure of the difference between business days and days. Hopefully they figure it out. Or they are going to be SORELY disappointed, and potentially embarrassed at some point

Business days don't even mean to The CGC what they mean to people in the business world. In the business world, a business day means any non-holiday or non-weekend day. To CGC it means those, plus any Friday (and Monday??) of a convention weekend where The CGC attends.

Business days don't even mean to The CGC what they mean to people in the business world. In the business world, a business day means any non-holiday or non-weekend day. To CGC it means those, plus any Friday (and Monday??) of a convention weekend where The CGC attends.

There are only two business days in a week, so by that logic CGC is actually on-time with all their tiers.

Bloom...Just like that and they've managed to catch up.

I think some people may not be sure of the difference between business days and days. Hopefully they figure it out. Or they are going to be SORELY disappointed, and potentially embarrassed at some point

lol

Business days as a measurement became obsolete when Sunday shopping started.

Economy fast track

07/15/2013 received

08/21/2013 shipped/safe

As some people have stated about how long each step takes, my books were in received for 23 days, then went through graded/QC/Shipped in 2.

Total of 25 days, not too bad for being right in con season.

Don't be coy just call them stupid.

I do.

Even Wednesday and Thursday in some instances. They have also been working Saturdays. So, wouldn't that technically put them further behind?

Even Wednesday and Thursday in some instances. They have also been working Saturdays. So, wouldn't that technically put them further behind?

I don't think anyone (including CGC) is denying that they're behind. They are. THey post their estimates talking about business days. How that translates to their internal system, and how hard or what days they work to get that done has little and/or nothing to do with my expectations.

I expect them to deliver when they say they will , or at the very least to work to improve towards that end.

And it seems to me that they are generally getting faster, which I appreciate. But we all acknowledge that its not enough.

But Saturday isn't a business day. That's just silly.

Only Tuesday and Humpday are business days.

Wait...Humpday could technically be a holiday because it's called Humpday.

Tuesday is the only "business day" of the week.

Bloom...just like that, CGC is ahead of schedule.

Modern non FT

Received 6/03/2013

Shipped 8/23/2013

If you are counting business days Monday thru Friday without taking out for time CGC is at cons this order was at 60 business day. So with con days this one clocked in in the mid 50's.