• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

Sent in 15 books on Modern Regular, shipped on 7/22, received on 7/25, verified on 9/16, scheduled for grading on 9/20.

Books were only marked "received" for so long, but now two status updates within a week have my hopes up... only to be dashed I'm sure. If I have them back by 10/22 I'll be satisfied.

This invoice has been marked "graded" as of today, 10/2! :applause:

This invoice has been marked "shipped/safe," and I got the email notice of shipment on 10/7. :whee:

That's 77 calendar days after I mailed them, 74 calendar days after the invoice date, 21 calendar days after verified, 17 calendar days after sheduled for grading.

I don't count business days, because it's too hard to know when they may be closed for second-tier holidays or conventions.

I don't know what to do with myself, another status update! :headbang:

Five Modern Signature Series dropped off at Baltimore Comic-Con on Sept 7

Marked Received on Sept 11

Marked Verified on Oct 9

Marked Verified on Oct 9

For items dropped off at conventions, where do you go to check on "Received" and "Verified" statuses? I'm a (near) complete newb, and I'd like to check on the status of a comic I dropped off at San Diego Con on July 20th. Any links, or guestimates on when I would get a (standard modern) comic returned appreciated.

Dave

Marked Verified on Oct 9

For items dropped off at conventions, where do you go to check on "Received" and "Verified" statuses? I'm a (near) complete newb, and I'd like to check on the status of a comic I dropped off at San Diego Con on July 20th. Any links, or guestimates on when I would get a (standard modern) comic returned appreciated.

Dave

People that know the status of their submissions have accounts and submitted their books under their accounts. If you have an account and submitted under your account, you should see your invoices under "Submission Tracking" on the member home page.

I also submitted books at SDCC:

Marked received: 7/22

Verified shortly after.

Scheduled for grading: some time during the week of 9/16

Graded: 9/23

They've been sitting at graded since.

People that know the status of their submissions have accounts and submitted their books under their accounts. If you have an account and submitted under your account, you should see your invoices under "Submission Tracking" on the member home page.

I also submitted books at SDCC:

Marked received: 7/22

Verified shortly after.

Scheduled for grading: some time during the week of 9/16

Graded: 9/23

They've been sitting at graded since.

I'm just a "free" member, so it looks like I'll just have to keep waiting until they show up. Thanks for letting me know you submitted at the same time, and are still waiting for them as well, that reassures me that it's not sitting lost in the system someplace. Patience is a virue! (an in-joke for Michael Golden art collectors) :)

Dave

I'm just a "free" member, so it looks like I'll just have to keep waiting until they show up. Thanks for letting me know you submitted at the same time, and are still waiting for them as well, that reassures me that it's not sitting lost in the system someplace. Patience is a virue! (an in-joke for Michael Golden art collectors) :)

Dave

No prob. I'll post again if the status changes. I'm hoping/guestimating to have them in hand somewhere around first week of November. :wishluck:

Standard:

Received: 9/20

Verified: Forgot to check.

Scheduled for Grading: 10/8

So Standard is obviously behind, if you're just SFG on the 12th business day of an alleged 15 day turnaround. You're 6 days ahead of my Standard, so we'll see how we do... :taptaptap:

Standard:

So Standard is obviously behind, if you're just SFG on the 12th business day of an alleged 15 day turnaround. You're 6 days ahead of my Standard, so we'll see how we do... :taptaptap:

Graded as of today. Who knows how long it will sit at that status or QC, though.

Standard:

Graded as of today. Who knows how long it will sit at that status or QC, though.

Graded on the 14th day of a 15 day turnaround, so hopefully they get it through quickly for you. My standard is still sitting at Verified on day 10. :taptaptap:

Does anybody have any orders older than 6/10, I don't want to feel like I'm special.

You might want to call cause my pre-screen from end of May of moderns was received and sold already. There not that far behind.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Starting to think status updates mean nothing and aren't actually what's going on until it says shipped. My conspiracy theory is that the computer randomly changes what it says under update. No matter what you're getting your comics back at whatever the current turn around time is for the tier you paid for. Maybe a day earlier or later but never days or weeks earlier then current time estimated. I've had an order that went from received (30 days) then verified (1 day) next day changed to scheduled for grading, day after that graded, now just sitting and have about 25 days left?They probably do it all the same day and wait til last minute (IMO)????

My comics were marked as graded and then I checked an hour later to find that their is no information or history of my submission?? What's going on?

it happens from time to time, I can't currently view my submission status either.