• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

Noobsauce question that could probably be answered if I searched past the first two pages, but how does one check on such things? I just mailed my books off this morning, so I know I won't see anything for a few days, but I want to track my sub too...

:shrug:

-slym

Your own account or through someone else?

On your Collector Society page, under the "submit now" tab there is an option to check "order status". That will take you to a page that lists all the submissions under your collector society number. If you submitted through someone else then the sub will have gone in under their number and you won't be able to see it online (though you can call CGC and ask them to check specific invoice numbers for progress).

My 5 book modern tier order just jumped to graded today.

9/3 - Received

10/4 - Verified

10/15 - Graded

Regular tier or fast track? I've got a regular modern from 8/13 sitting at Graded for several days now.

Regular. Sorry for not specifying.

On your Collector Society page, under the "submit now" tab there is an option to check "order status". That will take you to a page that lists all the submissions under your collector society number. If you submitted through someone else then the sub will have gone in under their number and you won't be able to see it online (though you can call CGC and ask them to check specific invoice numbers for progress).

Thank you!

:applause:

-slym

If you enquire about a sub under someone else's' name will they divulge the grades or just the status?

If you enquire about a sub under someone else's' name will they divulge the grades or just the status?

if its yours, they can give you grades and status.

if its yours, they can give you grades and status.

Exactly. If your name is under the "ship to" section it isn't a problem.

9/26 - Four book Standard sub marked as Received.

9/30 - Standard sub is now verified.

9/30 - my 8/13 non-FT modern sub is now SFG.

10/7 - one week later and no movement in either sub.

10/15 - The 9/26 Standard sub switched to SFG this morning.

10/16 - The 9/26 Standard sub switched to Graded this morning. The 8/13 non-FT modern sub is still sitting at Graded. Will be interesting to see which one ships first...

Any news on if they started processing NYCC books?

I know that books dropped off at WW Chicago took until the middle or end of the following week to start showing up online. That's probably a fair guide for NYCC too.

Any news on if they started processing NYCC books?

I know that books dropped off at WW Chicago took until the middle or end of the following week to start showing up online. That's probably a fair guide for NYCC too.

Actually just popped into the system. Nice work, CGC! :banana:

Current turn around times at CGC would be better if comic book collectors would stop sending in moronic books to get graded and back up the line. (shrug)

Search "X-men CGC" on eBay for example and see hundreds of examples such as this one. :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-THE-UNCANNY-X-MEN-222-CGC-4-0-AFFORDABLE-LOW-GRADE-/190928411235?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c74385a63

Rinse and repeat till you have a lot of books like the one above in the way of your more logical books being graded.

That's a damn nice 4.0 :insane:

I was about to ask "Who in their right mind would buy that for $30 (shipping inc.) when they could buy a nice raw copy for less."

I also thought simultaneously "Who in their right mind would slab that?"

The questions answered each other, as if someone would slab it, there is a crazy out there to buy it.

Good luck to the seller!

-slym

Standard Modern

09/06/13 - received, told me they're still grading from middle of August for Pre-Screens so they will still be a bit longer, perhaps another month or so :ohnoez:

Standard Modern

09/06/13 - received, told me they're still grading from middle of August for Pre-Screens so they will still be a bit longer, perhaps another month or so :ohnoez:

Yours still says received?

My standard is graded and invoice date was 9/09 I'm sure it'll sit for another month though.

9/26 - Four book Standard sub marked as Received.

9/30 - Standard sub is now verified.

9/30 - my 8/13 non-FT modern sub is now SFG.

10/7 - one week later and no movement in either sub.

10/15 - The 9/26 Standard sub switched to SFG this morning.

10/16 - The 9/26 Standard sub switched to Graded this morning. The 8/13 non-FT modern sub is still sitting at Graded. Will be interesting to see which one ships first...

10/17 - The 8/13 non-FT modern is now in Graded/QC, the Standard is still at Graded.