• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

I wonder how much it helps CGC to go to cons. I do know that when they go, things grind to a snail's pace. And con season is about to crank up.

It helps a lot, I hated when they did before, but their advantage is huge to them and the consumer. They took in triple the amount of books at the con in NYC, compared to last year.

I'm sure it is :headbang: for CGC in terms of revenue, but for folks waiting for their submissions and watching them sit at "Graded" for three solid weeks all those extra con subs just adds to the :frustrated: .

My EFT entered on 1-13 was marked as shipped today. At least the wait yielded a heaping helping of disappointing grades. :acclaim:

Actually got these back yesterday. 1-13 to 3-13. UPS had actually tried to deliver them Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I was out of town.

I didn't get the e-mail from CGC with a tracking number until late Wednesday. They are even running late on those.

My EFT entered on 1-13 was marked as shipped today. At least the wait yielded a heaping helping of disappointing grades. :acclaim:

Actually got these back yesterday. 1-13 to 3-13. UPS had actually tried to deliver them Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I was out of town.

I didn't get the e-mail from CGC with a tracking number until late Wednesday. They are even running late on those.

I have received emails that books were shipped days after the customer received the books.

I have received emails that books were shipped days after the customer received the books.

Wow, really? That's one thing that has been pretty consistent for me in the past. Maybe I was just lucky in the past. Considering you have to sign for every package they send, it's really nice to know when it'll be there, and not by the time you have to go pick it up at USPS/UPS/FedEx.

Last week I had a shipment on the way, and once I got the e-mail from CGC I tracked the shipment and found that they had already attempted delivery once. Fortunately I was still able to have the shipment held at my local Kinkos, but it was closer than I would like.

:censored:

3 submissions all fastracks, received/verified 1/31...graded a week ago...still sitting in grading...

So I FINALLY get two of them back and still have one of them stuck at grading and now approaching 3 weeks..... Really?

:frustrated:

:mad:

Edited by rube11

Last week I had a shipment on the way, and once I got the e-mail from CGC I tracked the shipment and found that they had already attempted delivery once. Fortunately I was still able to have the shipment held at my local Kinkos, but it was closer than I would like.

I have noticed this for a while now. When I see it marked as shipped, I call to get the tracking number. I use my own fedex account and always have it held at a nearby Fedex office. The most recent shipment email did not come until after I had already picked up the package.

I have noticed this for a while now. When I see it marked as shipped, I call to get the tracking number. I use my own fedex account and always have it held at a nearby Fedex office. The most recent shipment email did not come until after I had already picked up the package.

I ship on a personal FedEx account too (so glad I finally did this). Is there any way to set your account to automatically send you an e-mail when a shipment/tracking is generated on your account? That would be ideal.

I ship on a personal FedEx account too (so glad I finally did this). Is there any way to set your account to automatically send you an e-mail when a shipment/tracking is generated on your account? That would be ideal.

Not that I am aware of. I actually checked my fedex account first this time before calling CGC and the shipment was listed yet on my fedex. Not sure when the account is updated/charged. If it is possible, I would like to know as well.

I selected registered mail for my books, does anyone know how long this delivery method takes?

Books shipped out on Thursday, and I'm in Chicago.

I do registered from Fl to Buffalo NY. Thus far I am batting on the last few 5 days, 5 days 5 days, 4 days.

I selected registered mail for my books, does anyone know how long this delivery method takes?

I do registered from Fl to Buffalo NY. Thus far I am batting on the last few 5 days, 5 days 5 days, 4 days.

good to know. Thank you. I figured about the same for me but since there is little tracking info (or so I've heard) I wasn't sure.

:thumbsup:

good to know. Thank you. I figured about the same for me but since there is little tracking info (or so I've heard) I wasn't sure.

According to the PO worker the registered mail has 0 tracking short of pickup/delivery as it is often high valued contents and is shipped under lock and key and if by chance someone got a hold of the tracking number wouldn't want to be able to figure out where it was. Truth or just bs? (shrug)

According to the PO worker the registered mail has 0 tracking short of pickup/delivery as it is often high valued contents and is shipped under lock and key and if by chance someone got a hold of the tracking number wouldn't want to be able to figure out where it was. Truth or just bs? (shrug)

Registered mail doesn't have point to point tracking like priority does. Oftentimes you won't even receive the tracking info until your package has been delivered.

I submitted 90 moderns slow track for prescreen. received 2/6, verified 2/7.

Scheduled for grading 3/7

Still at scheduled for grading as of today. Is this the step where prescreen takes the extra 15 days?

I submitted 90 moderns slow track for prescreen. received 2/6, verified 2/7.

Scheduled for grading 3/7

Still at scheduled for grading as of today. Is this the step where prescreen takes the extra 15 days?

I may be wrong, but I think the pre-screen is already done once the books are scheduled for grading.

update 3/18/14

MFT #1 - ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - received 2/24 > ver 2/26 > sch 3/5 > grd 3/10 >grd/QC 3/18

Modern - received 2/24 > verified 2/26

Edited by jsilverjanet