• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talkative???

96 posts in this topic

POV,

What attracts you to it? What is the hook that entered your soul when you first discovered it? What keeps you coming back for more? You've had books, sold books, searched for books -- what is it about pre-code horror that drives this passion?

-- Joanna

POSTAGE, people?!?!? That was funny stuff and you know it! I'm going to bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What attracts you to it? What is the hook that entered your soul when you first discovered it?

OK - a serious reply to a serious question. Bottom line? Crappy childhood. Love horror films and these books because one could find evil there and while usually evil won out, most of the time it was a greater evil that defeated it. Meaning an evil beyond the more mundane one may experience.

I have long since become comfortable with my childhood - but the fascination for the genre lingers.