• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Adventure Comics 247

11 posts in this topic

The front cover is missing a few chips from the bottom. The spine is split about 1.5" at the bottom, and the bottom staple is just barely hangin' in there. The back cover has a bigger chip missing from the lower spine-side corner. (The white stuff poking out there is preservation paper, or whatever that stuff is called.)

Secondary question: is this something to consider for restoration, or is it still nice enough that you would leave it alone?

I believe it was described as a 3.5 when I bought it.

Front cover:

Adventure%2520247.jpg

Back cover:

Adventure%2520247b.jpg

Front lower corner:

Adventure%2520247%2520corner.jpg

Interior spine split:

Adventure%2520247%2520interior.jpg

Secondary question: is this something to consider for restoration, or is it still nice enough that you would leave it alone?

It would have to one hell of a lot more damaged before I'd consider restoration.

Other than the split, the staple and the missing pieces you'd be looking at a really nice book. No creases at all other than those stresses.

I'd go with a 3.0, however I wouldn't consider restoration simply for the fact that many collectors these days seem to prefer non resto lower grade copies over higher grade restos.

(And btw, thumbs up from a fellow LSH fan)

I wouldn't restore it. It presents well. (thumbs u
Totally agree, enjoy the fact it's a great looking front cover that presents really well. I'd rather a pretty looking 2.5 over a fugly 3.5