• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 47

10 posts in this topic

I'm going to go 8.0-8.5

The front is excellent. The back has a couple issues, though, with some wrinkles along the spine and more obviously the large crease on the bottom edge. I'm not sure if that could be pressed out or not, though I expect the stuff along the spine could be.

Very nice book.

Before I say, I just noticed there's page showing from the front and back. Is there anything loose inside?

Sulphur noticed this with my books too, the scanner may be squishing or mildly twisting the book. 8.0/8.5

Thanks for the grades guys.

Are scanners known to damage books? I have always been very careful when handling the book and scanning. Are you suggesting it is possible the weight of the scanner lid is pressing down on the spine hard enough to push the pages out?

If so, this particular book had the page overhang prior to the scan. It is mostly even and the pages are not bent or wrinkled which often happens when the page ends beyond the cover.

I'm not sure how much the scanner will damage a book, but I had a scan in the PGM thread and someone mentioned how they could see pages at the bottom of the FC, and when I looked it was totally different from the book in hand. Sorry i dont know how to link to the thread. It wouldn't take much to shift though, remember its only paper.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5971992#Post5971992

Min