• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*CLOSED*

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. I had this book listed on eBay and starting yesterday I started getting a lot of questions about the authenticity. Some were simply asking if I had a COA while others down right accused me of selling a fake. Therefore, I decided to pull the book and offer it here. Just to clear up some of the questions about the book, here is an article I found:

To our retail partners –

Last month, Image Comics released the 100th issue of The Walking Dead to near-universal acclaim and the biggest first week sales of a single comic book since 1997.

We couldn’t have done that without you.

When Robert Kirkman first launched The Walking Dead in 2003, orders were under 10,000. In fact, they were just a hair over 7,000. But we sold out immediately and within a few months, sales were moving upwards. Better still, thanks to your enthusiasm and support, sales have kept moving upwards – if not every month, then most months – and today, The Walking Dead is being ordered in quantities almost 10 times that of the first issue.

That’s a true success story – not just for Robert Kirkman and Image Comics, but for the entire Direct Market.

Everyone at Image, as well as Robert’s Skybound imprint, is incredibly appreciative of your hard work and support. We wouldn’t be here without you – this industry wouldn’t be here without you – and while we may not say it nearly often enough, we are eternally grateful for everything you do.

With that in mind, we’re sending you a special limited edition variant for The Walking Dead #100, signed by Robert, and featuring the now infamous Lucille. This is one of the rarest of all the variants for issue #100 and will not be available for order, and it’s our hope that it helps to convey our gratitude for your business and your continued support.

So again, from Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, everyone at Skybound Entertainment and Image Comics, and myself – THANK YOU.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

That being said, I believe the book and signature to be authentic. I bought it from a reputable local dealer and apparently, the "Lucille" variant does not have a COA.

Sorry for the rambling but I wanted to be clear that there is some controversy around this one and I wanted to fully disclose all that I knew.

BIG Scan coming up.... Asking $350 shipped to the USA, fully insured with "bulletproof" packaging.

First :takeit: wins via this thread or PM. Also accepting offers or trades. Thanks for reading.