• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Coming Of The Avengers!

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some information on a recent Marvel title, "The Coming of the Avengers." Mainly, I want to know what the title indicia reads and if possible, find out if the El Capitan Theater is a variant of it. Also, is there anything more in it than a reprint of Avengers #1 (1963)?

The book I'm referring to is this:

C119617.jpg

And the likely variant looks like this:

130056.png.f60da28294c570679b72cdf0756773d3.png

From what I found

(W) Stan Lee (A/CA) Jack Kirby

The Story: Just in time for Marvel’s The Avengers, relive the story that started it all — digitally remastered and recolored in modern style! Loki hatches a plot against his hated stepbrother Thor, drawing Earth’s mightiest heroes into the fray!

Looks to be just a reprint

Thanks, I found that all online, but I need to know what the "official" title actually is. Is it just "The Avengers" or is it "The Coming of the Avengers"? I really think that it is the latter, but need to be certain before entering it into a database. I also wondered if there were interviews or other movie goodies since it was released to coincide with the movie. Another little thing, did they credit a new colorist?

I know it's picky little stuff, but it is easier to enter correctly the first time than to have to go back and correct it.