• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screw DC continuity...

26 posts in this topic

...Anyone pick up the new Doom Patrol?.....they make no apologies for throwing continuity out the window,.....I mean Jeezuchristmas they all died at the end of Doom Patrol 121...and instead of making some lame excuse to bring them back to life they just basically pretend it didn't happen....

......and if you do pick it up make sure you read the last page for the editorial,....DC slams Marvel big time about how X-men ripped off Doom Patrol... 27_laughing.gif

Not only throwing out DP 121, they're throwing out the whole Grant Morrison revamp, the DP appearance in the previous revisionist JLA: Year One thingie, etc. etc. etc.

All for what? Another soon-to-be-cancelled John Byrne vanity project? sign-rantpost.gif

DC needs to kill Robin off for good. No more Bruce Wayne Pedophile and have The Batman kill his adversary's once again. thumbsup2.gif

Take it easy there... tonofbricks.gif

DC needs to kill Robin off for good. No more Bruce Wayne Pedophile and have The Batman kill his adversary's once again. thumbsup2.gif

Which robin?? confused.gif

Tim Drake (Teen Titans Robin)? - thought he quit or was quitting?

The new Female Robin?

Nightwing?

Or Jason Todd = who keeps coming back in Batman's dreams/fantasies/nightmares? 893frustrated.gif

Which robin?? confused.gif

Tim Drake (Teen Titans Robin)? - thought he quit or was quitting?

The new Female Robin?

Nightwing?

Or Jason Todd = who keeps coming back in Batman's dreams/fantasies/nightmares? 893frustrated.gif

Jason Todd is in Batman's fantasies??? now you're talking!! smirk.gif

I think DC is saying Morrison's Doom Patrol is either elseworld or happened in the Vertigo universe, seperate from the DCU.

DC Universe, Vertigo Universe, Bizzarro world? The GA transition to SA, Hal Jordon, and ten other Green Lanterns? Just seems like a bunch of nonsense and one of the main reasons I am reluctant to start buying DC's.

I think DC is saying Morrison's Doom Patrol is either elseworld or happened in the Vertigo universe, seperate from the DCU.

DC Universe, Vertigo Universe, Bizzarro world? The GA transition to SA, Hal Jordon, and ten other Green Lanterns? Just seems like a bunch of nonsense and one of the main reasons I am reluctant to start buying DC's.

Too bad since a lot of the good comics being produced now are under the DC umbrella. I mean, the DCU may not have the perfect simple, steady, clarity of the X-universe (for example), but nothing can really compare to the house of ideas when it comes to creating easy to follow continuity. I mean, why bother with DC with many of the best writers and artists on the planet when you can have the completely "nonsense free" Marvel Universe as exemplified by the seventy five relaunches we've seen over the past ten years. I'd go on, but I've got to go wax my Stan Lee life-sized statue.

[edit: fixed a typo which I only saw in chrisco's quote sorry.gif]

I mean, the DCU may not have the perfect simple, steady, clarity of the X-universe (for example), but nothing can really compare to the house of ideas when it comes to creating easy to follow continuity. I mean, why bother with DC with many of the best writers and artists on the planet when you can have to completely "nonsense free" Marvel Universe as exemplified by the seventy five relaunches we've seen over the past ten years. I'd go on, but I've got to go wax my Stan Lee life-sized statue.

27_laughing.gif

Too bad since a lot of the good comics being produced now are under the DC umbrella. I mean, the DCU may not have the perfect simple, steady, clarity of the X-universe (for example), but nothing can really compare to the house of ideas when it comes to creating easy to follow continuity. I mean, why bother with DC with many of the best writers and artists on the planet when you can have the completely "nonsense free" Marvel Universe as exemplified by the seventy five relaunches we've seen over the past ten years. I'd go on, but I've got to go wax my Stan Lee life-sized statue.

[edit: fixed a typo which I only saw in chrisco's quote sorry.gif]

27_laughing.gif Nice one, I like that but seriously I don't collect DC's but after reading numerous threads about how screwy some of their lineage is I find it a bit of turnoff. I am thinking about picking up the latest JLA issues and the Green lantern, Flash series just to give DC another chance. My memories of DC comics as a kid was that a lot of it was garbage.

27_laughing.gif Nice one, I like that but seriously I don't collect DC's but after reading numerous threads about how screwy some of their lineage is I find it a bit of turnoff. I am thinking about picking up the latest JLA issues and the Green lantern, Flash series just to give DC another chance. My memories of DC comics as a kid was that a lot of it was garbage.

When were you a kid?

Late 70's early 80's.

....Well yes as a die hard DC fan I can agree with you,...DC comics did suck in the late 70's and early 80's,...but here's a little of a newsflash for you,....Marvel sucked in the late 70's and early 80's too !!

Late 70's early 80's.

....Well yes as a die hard DC fan I can agree with you,...DC comics did suck in the late 70's and early 80's,...but here's a little of a newsflash for you,....Marvel sucked in the late 70's and early 80's too !!

Your kidding me right? 893whatthe.gif Bryne X-Men & FF, probably the greatest run of the Avengers( 150-200) I have ever read, Thor (and that includes Simonson's work)! Sure there were some bad gaps here and there but those four runs are probably still some of my all-time favorites. Talk about glory days. cloud9.gif