• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accepting Submissions - San Diego Comic Fest October 19-21

5 posts in this topic

For those of you interested in submitting books for the upcoming San Diego Comic Fest in October, I will be accepting submissions for this convention and will have a CGC Authorized Witness with me to handle the books.

DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 16th for books and payments.

GUEST LIST:

I am taking submissions for the following guests:

George Clayton Johnson

Jackie Estrada

Mark Evanier

Bill Morrison

Stan Sakai

Scott Shaw!

Jim Valentino

More Special Guests:

Brent Anderson

Erik Bear

Greg Bear

Jerry Beck

David Brin

David Clark

Joyce Farmer

Mary Fleener

George Gladir

Don Glut

Michael C. Gross

Katy Haber

Earl Kemp

Earl Terry Kemp

Paul Krassner

Mike Miller

Doug Myres

Tim Powers

John Putman

Paul M. Sammon

Pete Von Sholly

David Siegel

Ron Turner

Vernor Vinge

Phil Yeh

UPDATE: MURPHY ANDERSON:

I am NOT taking submissions for Mr. Anderson, as I have been informed that he will not be doing any substantial signings. If you are attending the show and want to coordinate the witness being there when you get your own book signed, PM me for further information. As of now, I do not know when or if there will be any signings at all with him.

PRICING:

Modern Comics: $30 each

Economy: $40 each

Any other tier: PM me for details

Pickups: PM me for details

Add $5 per invoice to cover the CGC invoice fee

Add $10 per book for Fast Track grading.

Shipping is $9 for the first book and $2 each additional slab, and the books will be shipped from CGC back to you via UPS Ground.

If you would like to have the books graded on your account, you will need to prep the books in a window bag, write up your own invoice, and make sure your name, invoice number, and people to sign the books are on the backing boards for each window bag.

Yes, my CAW can crack yellow labels, so send the book STILL IN THE SLAB and include a window bag as well.

PAYMENT:

I accept PayPal (no Personal payments, send to joelelad@yahoo.com) as well as a check or money order with the books.

Send all items to:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

and then e-mail or PM me with the details of what you're submitting. Thanks!

UPDATE: They have announced the Artist Alley for the San Diego Comic Fest, with a couple of names in particular that might cause some increased interest:

Tim Bradstreet

Michael McKone

Michael Aushenker

Scott Benefiel

Johnny Beware (Johnny B. Gerardy)

Jeromy Cox

Tess Fowler

Ellis Goodson

Chris Guiterrez

Mark Irwin

Emily Rocha

Sorry for the last minute nature of this announcement, but Phil Tippett will be making a rare appearance at this show. Star Wars fans take note, as Phil is an Oscar winning special effects guy who worked on the original Star Wars trilogy along with MANY other films.

I'll extend the deadline to Friday morning the 19th. Hit me up if you're interested and yes I can crack yellow slabs.