• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage July Auction

24 posts in this topic

Just realized Heritage's July auction was up, and went to go check it out. A breathtaking 185 comics up for auction. WTF?! 185? With a grand total of 31 silver age books (they accidentally labeled Showcase 19 as a GA book)?! Why are they even bothering, particularly when they just held a signature auction in June? And there's another one in August, and then October. What are they thinking? There's no pizazz in their signature auctions anymore.

The few notable highlights:

ASM #3 in 9.6 (gee, what a surprise that a high grade first appearance of Doc Ock would come on the market right now)

Fantastic run of Strange Adventures, including a #9 in 9.6! 893whatthe.gif Holy cow! With that tough tough black cover, words cannot describe my amazement at seeing a 9.6 copy.

Showcase #19 in 9.6. Sweet! This one was on pgcmint's website for ages, I guess whoever finally bought it decided to flip it pretty quickly.

Just realized Heritage's July auction was up, and went to go check it out. A breathtaking 185 comics up for auction. WTF?! 185? With a grand total of 31 silver age books (they accidentally labeled Showcase 19 as a GA book)?! Why are they even bothering, particularly when they just held a signature auction in June? And there's another one in August, and then October. What are they thinking? There's no pizazz in their signature auctions anymore.

It's not a Signature Auction. I think they're calling it a "Platinum Night" auction. It's a new thing, a small auction featuring only books with a value of over $1000.

I do agree that the scheduling is stupid- sandwiched between two signature auctions in the middle of convention season.

I am happy to have a 9.4 Daredevil #1 to track since the last two 9.0s went for crazy money and I'd publicly wished for a 9.2 or better to follow.

That and the two Green Lantern #1s there to taunt me.

Showcase #19 in 9.6. Sweet! This one was on pgcmint's website for ages, I guess whoever finally bought it decided to flip it pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure Mark consigns to Heritage on occasion. He consigned his 9.2 Showcase #4 a couple of times.

Unfortunately, the best deals I got in a Heritage auction was last summer's Lightning auction. It came about a few weeks after a very large auction.

I was hoping that this one would have more material (but some less pricey books) and there would be quite of few deals to be had. Instead it's a pricey auction, so I'm not even going to bid until I see the reserves.

I expect that the 8.5 will go for a lot of money, regardless of Hal's status. The last one that Heritage sold went for nearly twice what I expected and sales before that weren't weak. It will be interesting to see if Hal's return to the DCU with a ring will do anything to the result.

The 7.5 with "Light Tan" and competition from the 8.5 will be temptingly cheap.

I expect that the 8.5 will go for a lot of money, regardless of Hal's status. The last one that Heritage sold went for nearly twice what I expected and sales before that weren't weak. It will be interesting to see if Hal's return to the DCU with a ring will do anything to the result.

I would hope that Hal returning wouldnt influence anyone to overpay for these books....

that DD 9.4 looks sweet.

what do 9.4s go for?

The GPA recorded sales range from 12-15,000, which includes a couple of movie hype sales. The thing that makes me so interested in this book is the fact that the last two high grade DD #1 sales I tracked were basically off the charts. 9.0s were averaging $2-3000 last year after a high of $4000 during the run-up to the movie. The last two sales were $5,405.00 and $5,100.00 respectively.

I would hope that Hal returning wouldnt influence anyone to overpay for these books....

I'm not expecting it to happen because of Hal's return. I am expecting people to overpay for the 8.5 anyway...

I'm not expecting it to happen because of Hal's return. I am expecting people to overpay for the 8.5 anyway...

right.. I agree, they should sell (and will sell) based on what they ARE, not anything to do with DCs current plans for the character either way. And that any extra $$s bid due to the return leading to a bump in value would be disappointed.

The 8.5 Nic Cage copy sold at Heritage for whta, $5000?