• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revolution: NBC on Mondays - Thoughts?

150 posts in this topic

So far, I have not turned the channel. It has my interest.

I am feeling a Mad Max vibe though...

Anyone else watching and if so what are your thoughts?

I was hoping for a little more pre-15 years.

It's a JJ Abrams show... we will get plenty of flashbacks.

Maybe some flash forwards ...

Maybe even a flash sideways where all the deceased characters meet up where they must "let go" before moving on...

waitaminute....

I watched it early on Hulu. It was interesting, but didn't captivate me. I'll wait to see where it goes before I jump in. Cool concept.

I think I saw that John Favreau is also a producer on it.

Has NBC announced any encore showings? My DVR didn't DVR it, which makes me question the meaning of its very existence.

didn't like the ending of the first episode, but i guess they had to...

Another thing... ( i like to figure out certain aspects of the movie)... and btw this is a SPOILER ALERT BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, so the pendant can create unlimited energy? If it can power a computer and all, and obviously the modem was dialing out so there is power at a telephone company that can forward call, or the modem is direct dialing but how would the signal travel down phone lines if there isn't power anywhere else on that line?

In regards to the 'spoiler' post above,

I'm guessing the question you asked is going to be the reason I end up disliking this show. The show basically asks you to believe that not only is there no power, but that the laws of physics have changed, that even the most basic forms of electricity cannot be created. Which I can almost believe...

But then the thing at the end of the show happens... and makes you ask so many questions about the laws of physics within the show's law of physics. Don't like it much when shows break their own made up rules.

missed the first half. second half ok. will watch it because i like the genre, but i'm not buying it so far.

all these swords and arrows and other nonsense...we were able to make guns before electricity was widespread, heck, all sorts of industry, so why are folks wandering around like it's 1200 a.d.? seriously, the apes on planet of the apes were able to make automatic rifles and produce ammunition without electricity, we're going to forget all this stuff in 15 years? is our educational system really that bad?

also, 15 years after the collapse of society, everyone sure looks clean and well groomed, especially the lovely ladies on the show. people on the show SHOULD look like the folks protesting outside my office on wall street...like they haven't had a shower or brushed their teeth in a few months or cleaned their clothing.

The show looked really, really, really bad.

Changing the laws of physics?

"The lights are out" lol

science fiction usually requires the suspension of disbelief.

i'd have no problem with the idea if it was on an episode of Fringe. walter would figure it out and fix it in 45 minutes.