• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

on crack?

30 posts in this topic

A friend of mine believes #232 in 9.6 WHITE will be a $1500 - $1800 book in a year's time. If he is right I will be pretty 893censored-thumb.giffrown.gif at my recent sale. I guess Jason E's seller would be even more frown.gif at his flat $2k 9.8 sale recently as that would then become a $3500 book !

(The 9.4 we are discussing would still be overpriced even in this scenario however).

Thoughts ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Huge book. Will become a BA grail and will be in the Top 10 BA in Overstreet within 5-10 years.

Don't know if it will be $1500 in 12 months, but maybe 18-24, yes.

I have to agree here. This book will be in HUGE demand in a few years.

A friend of mine believes #232 in 9.6 WHITE will be a $1500 - $1800 book in a year's time. If he is right I will be pretty 893censored-thumb.giffrown.gif at my recent sale. I guess Jason E's seller would be even more frown.gif at his flat $2k 9.8 sale recently as that would then become a $3500 book !

(The 9.4 we are discussing would still be overpriced even in this scenario however).

Start the intervention...your friend needs to enter drug rehab at once. sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif - I'll let him know !

As Sfilosa pointed out there are 24 9.6's on the census, and from 2 to 3 years back when they were on Ebay all the time, I seem to remember the majority had WHITE PGS (must be the paper stock on that particular issue).

However Hulk #181 has shown that a plentiful supply, does nothing to dampen hype-driven demand. Though having said that, has the market slowed on this Bronze juggernaut recently ? Silver Acre had a perfect 9.6 #181 for $4500 on Ebay recently that failed to attract any interest. confused-smiley-013.gif

Huge book. Will become a BA grail and will be in the Top 10 BA in Overstreet within 5-10 years.

Don't know if it will be $1500 in 12 months, but maybe 18-24, yes.

I have to agree here. This book will be in HUGE demand in a few years.

If this is true, then I guess I am just going to have to look for my HG copy.

Timing sounds good since it might take me a few years to find it in my collection. Always felt that all BA books were basically worthless and as a result, never bother to file them in good order.

hopefully that didnt preclude you from filing them in nice condition! Our 70s books often got the shaft since they were such crapola for so longola. Who knew so many people would want them so badly!?? Makes want to put my 80s Teen Titans in mylars right away!

hopefully that didnt preclude you from filing them in nice condition! Our 70s books often got the shaft since they were such crapola for so longola. Who knew so many people would want them so badly!?? Makes want to put my 80s Teen Titans in mylars right away!

Filed away in some acid leaking plastic bag since the day I bought it. More than likely, it's probably getting a double dose of acid if the bagged comics were filed away in an empty orange box. 27_laughing.gif

you put them in bags back then! nice. I just kept them stacked in their pristine just ate lunch on them condition. No, they were read quickly (yuchhh, 70s books were lousy right?) and stacked them neatly. But thats not to say any survived in 9.6 or 9.8. I still marvel at the condition some annal freaks kept their books! Im grateful when Ive bought them in runs from them or dealers, but still, the effort taken for stuff so utterly valueless at the time!

True, but books like Batman 232 have been collectable for a loooong time. I paid about £3 for a VF around 79/80 and that was a comparatively large amount of money then. These Adams issues had a dormant period, but I would guess most of them have been collectable since the early 70's?

One of the effects of CGC is to put an even greater focus on the cover. Besides being drawn by the artist who seems to have come out at the top of the BA tree, the book has one of the very best covers from that period. Also, Ras has become one of the most important villains introduced into the mythos since the 1940's. It's not a case that Ras has become important because he's appearing in the next film, but rather that the reason he's appearing in the next film is because he's an important character to start with.

True, but books like Batman 232 have been collectable for a loooong time. I paid about £3 for a VF around 79/80 and that was a comparatively large amount of money then. These Adams issues had a dormant period, but I would guess most of them have been collectable since the early 70's?

One of the effects of CGC is to put an even greater focus on the cover. Besides being drawn by the artist who seems to have come out at the top of the BA tree, the book has one of the very best covers from that period. Also, Ras has become one of the most important villains introduced into the mythos since the 1940's. It's not a case that Ras has become important because he's appearing in the next film, but rather that the reason he's appearing in the next film is because he's an important character to start with.

yes yes I know all that. Its a key for a LOT of very good reasons. But Lou and I boiught them regardless the month they came out, as we did every month, and stored them equally. That was my point. The fact that 232 has become collectible for many yeras doesnt matter to Lou's copy (that we are talking about here) because he said he'd like to "dig his out" from wherever it was haphazardly filed years ago. So its condition depends solely on his usual storage regimen for ALL his books, not just the keys.