• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DREDD on Blu-Ray. (PAGE 17)

Will you see DREDD 3-D this weekend?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will you see DREDD 3-D this weekend?

314 posts in this topic

Listen up! :sumo: DREDD hits American theators this Friday and I'd like to know who else has plans to see ''THE LAW'' this weekend?

As many of you know opening weekend box-office numbers means a ton in the movie biz (especialy when you want to see sequals as much as I do) So if you think DREDD looks cool enough, but want to wait and rent it on DVD/B-R please reconsider and see it in theators. I and MFG will be seeing it opening day IN 3-D.

How about you?

:popcorn:

it looks like a good movie but my dislike for going to movie theaters is stronger than my desire to see it. i can wait to rent it.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the last movie you saw at a theator? (shrug)

it looks like a good movie but my dislike for going to movie theaters is stronger than my desire to see it. i can wait to rent it.

:sorry:

I never understood why some people don't like going to the movie theaters, I usually go once a week (minimum 40-45 weeks a year) and I can honestly say I don't see any problem with it...

[font:Book Antiqua]I am not alone in this universe...![/font]

:ohnoez:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm waiting to see Prometheus and DKR on Blu-Ray, but I'm not for DREDD because the Box Office means so much.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the last movie you saw at a theator? (shrug)

technically it was like i don't know, the 3rd or 4th harry potter my wife dragged me to. before that it was the first spiderman, if memory serves.

everytime i go to the theater i'm unhappy with the experience. it's either bad sound, sticky floors, messed up temperature, annoying people... always something. i just gave up on going and i don't miss it at all.

I am going to see it, but not in 3-D. I think 3-D is a scam. I own about 20 pairs of 3-D glasses ,and they refuse to let me bring them in to watch their 3-D movies, well I refuse to pay extra for 3-D glasses I already bought.That was one of the perks about Dark Knight RIses. It had no 3-D version.

I am going to see it, but not in 3-D. I think 3-D is a scam. I own about 20 pairs of 3-D glasses ,and they refuse to let me bring them in to watch their 3-D movies, well I refuse to pay extra for 3-D glasses I already bought.That was one of the perks about Dark Knight RIses. It had no 3-D version.

Wait, they don't let you reuse your glasses? :o That's weird. Is that common in the US?

It is ridiculous that they charge extra for 3D movies. Every mainstream release is 3D now. Still, I only go a few times a year - just for the unmissables - so if it cost £20 I'd still go.

At the London Film and Comic Con in July 2012, Garland said that a North American gross in excess of $50 million for Dredd would potentially allow for sequels. Garland said that he had plans for a trilogy of films with a second film focusing on the origins of Dredd and his city, and a third introducing Dredd's nemesis, the undead Judge Death and his Dark Judges. In August 2012, he also mentioned that a Judge Dredd television series would be a positive future step for the series. In September 2012, Garland further expanded his sequel concepts. He said that he would explore the "Origins" and "Democracy" storylines and introduce the villains Judge Cal and Chopper. He also said that he would pursue the concept that Judge Dredd is a fascist. Also in September, Macdonald said that further films would be made in partnership with IM Global and would likely be again shot in South Africa.

Those plans sound amazing, and i can't see a $50m box office being difficult to achieve.

Wait, they don't let you reuse your glasses? :o That's weird. Is that common in the US?

It is ridiculous that they charge extra for 3D movies. Every mainstream release is 3D now. Still, I only go a few times a year - just for the unmissables - so if it cost £20 I'd still go.

They don`t in my area. I have brought the same glasses I bought a week earlier from seeing a different 3-D movie. They just want you to pay the extra price. Also I saw both Prometheus with two different sets of people in 2-D and 3-D,and there was really no big difference. Scam I say. I rather watch HD-TV.