• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DREDD on Blu-Ray. (PAGE 17)

Will you see DREDD 3-D this weekend?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will you see DREDD 3-D this weekend?

314 posts in this topic

watched this today. I thought it was completely average, and perhaps that is the reason it didn't do that well.

(thumbs u

as much as i was hoping to like this, it's no better than the stallone movie.

Yup.

Saw it tonight in a double-header with Snow White & The Huntsman.

Snow White was far more enoyable. :facepalm:

I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I'M READING HERE! :ohnoez:

Well, I couldn't believe what I was watching.

I rather enjoyed both movies. Snow White & the Huntsman was a very enjoyable spin on the Snow White story. Dredd was a nice action packed, violent, grim and gritty movie. So a good read on Judge Dredd. I thought Urban did a good job of portraying Judge Dredd well. A bad of few words. You'd never know it was Urban playing Dredd. He never once removes his helmet.

Dredd got much better reviews than Snow White. In fact Dredd got very slightly better reviews than The Amazing Spider-Man (77% on Rotten Tomatoes Vs 73%) Pity it did so poorly at the box office.

It is all opinion of course, but I didn't find Snow White and The Huntsman to be all that great either. Very average movie that I actually fell asleep through towards the end. The stuff with the Dwarves makes me cringe it is so terrible.

IGN

Dredd 3D Prevails in the Home Video Market

Could a Judge Dredd sequel still be on the table?

Although Peter Travis' Dredd 3D failed to deliver at the box office, the 2012 comic book remake has been killing it in the home video market lately, earning the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold. The acclaimed action thriller was also the top film download of the week, dominating all other titles in digital sales.

"Dredd's chart topping performance demonstrates the breadth of the home entertainment audience for this exciting, high caliber film as well as underscoring our ability to monetize theatrical titles across all home entertainment platforms through the highest packaged, VOD and digital conversion rates in the industry," said Ron Schwartz , Lionsgate Executive VP and General Manager of Home Entertainment. "We're also pleased that a film released on 3D Blu-ray was able to top the sales charts, a clear reflection of how quality films in this up and coming format can find their audience."

What this means for the future of the franchise remains to be seen. The $50 million movie made a tragic $32.8 million at the worldwide box office, but if Dredd's newfound success on home video is any indication, this may not be the last we see of Karl Urban's Judge.

God I hope so :wishluck:

IGN

Although Peter Travis' Dredd 3D failed to deliver at the box office, the 2012 comic book remake has been killing it in the home video market lately, earning the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold. The acclaimed action thriller was also the top film download of the week, dominating all other titles in digital sales.

"Dredd's chart topping performance demonstrates the breadth of the home entertainment audience for this exciting, high caliber film as well as underscoring our ability to monetize theatrical titles across all home entertainment platforms through the highest packaged, VOD and digital conversion rates in the industry," said Ron Schwartz , Lionsgate Executive VP and General Manager of Home Entertainment. "We're also pleased that a film released on 3D Blu-ray was able to top the sales charts, a clear reflection of how quality films in this up and coming format can find their audience."

What this means for the future of the franchise remains to be seen. The $50 million movie made a tragic $32.8 million at the worldwide box office, but if Dredd's newfound success on home video is any indication, this may not be the last we see of Karl Urban's Judge.

:applause:

Saw this. Knew this would happen. It died at the box office but the buzz just kept growing even after the event. It will now take its place as a genre favourite.

Fight Club only managed to profit through DVD sales. Dredd should do so as well, and if they have the guts to make a sequel I predict a much better box office next time around.

IGN

Saw this. Knew this would happen. It died at the box office but the buzz just kept growing even after the event. It will now take its place as a genre favourite.

Fight Club only managed to profit through DVD sales. Dredd should do so as well, and if they have the guts to make a sequel I predict a much better box office next time around.

When I first saw Dredd I knew it would obtain cult status like The Crow. (thumbs u

Another movie that was fun like this was Looper.

Dredd and Looper came out after the summer, and were two of best movies I saw all year.

Unfortunately they didn`t get any hype. :(

IGN

Just in units sold that's almost $20 million in retail price dollars.

Not only did it sell 650,000 units, that figure equals 1/2 of all units sold in the market.

I wonder how many downloads at $10-15 were sold.

IGN

Not only did it sell 650,000 units, that figure equals 1/2 of all units sold in the market.

Good question hm

I went to the PSN store last night,and I went to the movie section.

Dredd was #3 in rentals,and #6 in movies to own.

Rentals for Dredd were $3.99 and own were $9.99

IGN

Good question hm

I went to the PSN store last night,and I went to the movie section.

Dredd was #3 in rentals,and #6 in movies to own.

Rentals for Dredd were $3.99 and own were $9.99

And on Itunes too. I have to check the rankings but they offer an HD download for a couple bucks more.

watched this today. I thought it was completely average, and perhaps that is the reason it didn't do that well.

(thumbs u

as much as i was hoping to like this, it's no better than the stallone movie.

Yup.

Saw it tonight in a double-header with Snow White & The Huntsman.

Snow White was far more enoyable. :facepalm:

OK, having been told that I'm really missing the mark with this, I watched it again tonight - whilst sober.

In fairness, on 2nd viewing, I enjoyed it a lot more than first time around. Limited, won't win any awards, but a decent flick none the less.

My 2/5 has gone up to 3.5/5. (thumbs u

OK, having been told that I'm really missing the mark with this, I watched it again tonight - whilst sober.

In fairness, on 2nd viewing, I enjoyed it a lot more than first time around. Limited, won't win any awards, but a decent flick none the less.

My 2/5 has gone up to 3.5/5. (thumbs u

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. And although you went the Fonzie route, at least you raised the score.

Anyone notice the story is basically the same as The Raid Redemption? If you haven't seen it check it out on DVD.

Oy, for the first time this weekend I watched The Raid: Redemption all the way through.

What a tedious movie. I grew up on Jackie Chan movies and theatrical kung-fu choreography. I watched that type of action be beat to death (no pun intended) in the Matrix Triology.

As for the story being "basically the same" I've got to disagree. You've got good guys in a building controlled by a bad guy at the top, where a lot of the people inside are working for him. That's really where the comparison ends for me. Almost everything else is different. From the goals of the main characters to the motivations of the people involved.

I've seen that basic plot outline in almost everything from Bruce Lee movies, to D & D modules, to classic literature. So I wasn't shocked to see it again. The way Raid and Dredd carry out that theme wound up being completely different.

I've seen that basic plot outline in almost everything from Bruce Lee movies, to D & D modules, to classic literature. So I wasn't shocked to see it again. The way Raid and Dredd carry out that theme wound up being completely different.

I actually thought Dredd ripped off Kung Fu Hustle where the bad guys were fighting their way up to get to the scummy landlady and her husband. It had to be, as a tall building was involved.

They just skipped Ma-Ma doing the Lion's Roar.

If you look closely you'll notice in the background of the skateboard park scene (right after the mini-gun scene) what appears to be snow falling, but it's really radioactive fallout. :eek: