• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DREDD on Blu-Ray. (PAGE 17)

Will you see DREDD 3-D this weekend?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will you see DREDD 3-D this weekend?

314 posts in this topic

I'll see it as soon as it hits my $2 theater, so probably december/january

Don't wait!

Just got back. I normally don't like 3D flicks but this one was MADE for 3d. It's wonderful.

I saw it on a "Superscreeen" which is kind of like IMAX, and the 3d was incredibly well integrated. The movie is gorgeous to look at and the story and actors are top notch.

It's so well done. I can't believe they actually got Dredd right.

Whomever is responsible for casting Urban as Dredd deserves all the credit in the world. He completely nailed that character.

I will go see it this weekend. I belong to the apparent minority of people that liked the 1995 movie starring Stallone. So I certainly want to see what this reboot looks like. Dredd is great character. I love the political, moral and ecological underpinnings of the series and I hope the movie does well.

I will go see it this weekend. I belong to the apparent minority of people that liked the 1995 movie starring Stallone. So I certainly want to see what this reboot looks like. Dredd is great character. I love the political, moral and ecological underpinnings of the series and I hope the movie does well.

+1.

It's so much better than the Stallone version, which always seemed like a vanity project for the actors with the subject matter as a pretext.

This movie is about the characters, the world they live in, and the amazing use of technology to tell a story in a way I have never seen before.

There are parts of this movie that left me agape with awe, seriously.

There are parts of this movie that left me agape with awe, seriously.

The Stallone movie? :o

I knew you were a fan. I just didn't know you were that much of a fan.

Not "Aw, Man, This Sucks!!" (1995 Version)

It was "Awe-some!!!" (2012 Version)

The earnings from yesterday.

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

Looks like one hell of a bad week for movies. :facepalm:

Hopefully things will improve for Dredd before weeks end.

R -Rated and not a super wide release....the best bet is cult status, which I think it will attain. It's a solid film but the hurdles are significant.

R -Rated and not a super wide release....the best bet is cult status, which I think it will attain. It's a solid film but the hurdles are significant.

Only 1 theater showing ti within 400 miles of me.

Only 1 theater showing ti within 400 miles of me.

:ohnoez:

At this rate I can kiss seeing Satanus and the Angel gang in a epic cursed earth story goodbye because the odds of seeing a sequel are slim to zilch!

And goodbye Dark Judges. :cry:

At this rate I can kiss seeing Satanus and the Angel gang in a epic cursed earth story goodbye because the odds of seeing a sequel are slim to zilch!

And goodbye Dark Judges. :cry:

:cry: