• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Collectors of Fantasy Flight Games/or classic horror board games?

7 posts in this topic

I was doing my normal research on various antique and collectible forums and I ran across an excellent article and commentary on collecting classic horror board games. I always was interested in these and I do have some of the reissues from Fantasy Flight Games. This got me thinking that a lot of collectors on this forum seem to cross-collect (just like me). That being said, are there any collectors (or at least fans) of these board games? A lot of their reissues are incredibly detailed releases of the original horror board game classics like the 'Arkham series' of games and some based on H.P. Lovecraft works. This caused me to take an 'unusual' shopping excursion to BOTH Toys R Us and Barnes & Noble Booksellers. Spent some money acquiring more 'gems' for the collections! These games are incredible!

Anyone else collect, invest or play?

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I really need a copy of the original 1987 Chaosium release of The Arkham Horror, should anyone have one stored away. I managed to get a couple of mint condition boxes and maps from the original, but the rest of the contents are missing.

I do have the 2005 release by Fantasy Flight, and it is a completely different game, though very nice. Two other similar games I have are The Hills Rise Wild and Cults Across America.

Are there other Lovecraft based (or semi-based) board games out there? I know there are a bunch of great Lovecraftian role-playing games out there (Call of Cthulhu being the best one), but am not aware of any other boardgames besides the Fantasy Flight releases.

Yeah, I'm close by too, just on the other side of the river from Killadelphia. It's a site to see. People from all over the globe converge on the Lancaster Host every August to game for a week non-stop. All sorts of games hit the table. Dealer's room has some good stuff. Not sure if they still do the auction or not, but lots of fun.

Yeah, I'm close by too, just on the other side of the river from Killadelphia. It's a site to see. People from all over the globe converge on the Lancaster Host every August to game for a week non-stop. All sorts of games hit the table. Dealer's room has some good stuff. Not sure if they still do the auction or not, but lots of fun.

Thank you, I will have to check this out! I am mainly into the classics and the releases. I LOVE the classic horror and mystery stuff. I do collect these (just started) and think they are incredible.

I went to Toys R Us (first time in many, many months) because they were having a huge Lego sale. I then stopped at Barnes & Noble to check out the antiques and collectibles book section. They sell these kind of fantasy board games. I bought two of them; I just could not resist! That is 'odd' for me.

Kind Regards,

'mint'