• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introducing Jun Joe Monares 1st CGC sketch opps

67 posts in this topic

I thought that there might be an update on this op after my last post almost 2 months ago. Is there any news on this at all? My cover appears to be M.I.A for over a year. It was first posted with inks on 1/19/2013. After 15 months I am losing patience with it. Is there a consensus on the timeframe when it is just time to give up hope and ask for a refund on an op that has clearly run off the tracks? I hate to sound like a jerk, but it seems like there has to be some kind of accountability once my money is long paid.

Any opinions?

My opinion is an artist shouldn't take on more work then he/she can't finish within 3 months. A refund should be an option at 6 months.

15+ months with your piece completed, and I'm assuming just waiting on the artist to finish the rest of the opp sketches to be completed in order to turn them in all at once is ridiculous.

The Bermudez opp has been goin for well over a year now and there have been I think 2 progress pics of different covers one of which was mine but haven't heard anything in a long time from the facilitator. I talked to the artist in February and he said that he wasn't pleased with the original sketch an was gonna start over.he then said my sketch would be done mid April and that he would get me a ruff sketch in the next couple of days and send me wip pics.i saw no pics by mid April I contacted him again and he said he would start it soon. As much as I would rather have the art than the refund I'm starting to think the art may never get done.

I have reach out to those artist on Aaron list.Right now everything has to be turn in at one time. I am working to get the three other sketch opps completed and shipped to CGC. My goal is to get these in CGC hand within the next few months but no later then July. Sorry to those who have been waiting so long.

I truly appreciate Glynn's efforts towards straightening out these few ops. However, I've tried for over a year to simply find out where my finished sketch is. So far, nobody has a definitive answer. That is cause for concern and pushes me towards asking for a refund. I was told by Aaron several times that my cover was on the way to CGC, at CGC, at the inker, etc. At some point, it's time to get an actual definitive answer as the where in the process these sketches reside. Information keeps everybody in the loop.

Are you handling the Ace Continuado opp for Aaron also Glynn? I have seen zero updates from that and it was from over 6 months ago.

Ace has always been extremely fast at getting commissons done. He got my last one done in the same weekend.

Are you handling the Ace Continuado opp for Aaron also Glynn? I have seen zero updates from that and it was from over 6 months ago.

There was one that ACE did at Alamo I just got the news Friday that its been graded. Not ready for pickup but should be in a week or so. I have orders to pickup. so I will check and see if that one is yours.

So here is my $315 cover that was finished over 15 months ago:

Inked Pencils by Jun Joe Monares, Inked by Dan Borgonos p><p> I can

If anyone wants to buy out my spot and wait on this cover, just let me know. :screwy::insane:

If anyone wants to buy out my spot and wait on this cover, just let me know. :screwy::insane:

Spoke to Jun last night. He and Dan will be working to get everything shipped out to CGC this week. That cover does exists as Jun email me that last night with all others he did. inking on that one was done by Dan. so I should have a complete update this week.

Glynn, again I appreciate your help with this. However, I have corresponded with Aaron about this several times. The first time I asked on 5/5/2013 he responded

Will be packaged together with Dan's. Almost there. and will Fasttrack.

The second time I asked for an update on 6/26/2013, the response was:

Just talked to Dan, he is finished and waiting on Jun to get with him so they can turn in to CGC, Dan has yours.

I next asked on 7/15, and was told:

Dan And Jun should be mailed, I left messages with Dan.

On 8/13/2013 I again asked for an update on my FastTracked cover and was told:

Dan and Jun are sending together, I will call Michael and check on status.

I asked again on 9/24/2013 after being told it would be subbed at NYCC:

Jun and dan's on way....

On 10/25/2013, I asked again since it was to be FastTracked at NYCC. I thought I was close to getting it. Response:

Jun and Dan should be at cgc......

Asked again on 12/20/2013 since I was getting the feeling that it might be lost:

Dan/Jun should arrive soon Jun has been on and off since typhoon hit. okay will send shortly.

On 12/22/2013:

Jun's and Dan's are on the way, Dan met up with Jun, and everything is in order, Dan is the one who inked all of Jun's work. Told Dan to send me shipping info.

So please excuse me if I have a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to getting them mailed to whoever they are supposed to be sent to. Somebody, whether it's Aaron or Dan or Jun, doesn't give a rats about my cover. But Capital City Comic Con is getting plenty of attention.......

I'm a personal friend of Ace Continuado, and I showed him this thread so he could give an answer.

Ace says he has been finished with the ops for a while now with nothing on his plate for CGC at the moment. He was also at WonderCon and finished up all his commissions there, and he'll be at Big Wow in May.

:takeit:

I'm a personal friend of Ace Continuado, and I showed him this thread so he could give an answer.

Ace says he has been finished with the ops for a while now with nothing on his plate for CGC at the moment. He was also at WonderCon and finished up all his commissions there, and he'll be at Big Wow in May.

Just to be clear. ACE had one sketches that was lost in the mix. He had some problem with shipping to CGC. He then mail it to me and I turn it into CGC. Yes all of ACE is completed and last Friday it show up being graded. if ACE seen this post then I am sure he made that clear as I just did. ( As that could be the one in question )