• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four 73

28 posts in this topic

I am put off by tanning halos (especially on white covers) but this looks really nice.

If not for the dents would be better, with those I’d venture into a F to F/VF territory, which is to say between 6.0 and 7.0. May be a 7.5 (introductory grade for the VF range) but I would be more towards the 6.5 (conservatively) or 7.0.

It looks like maybe this book was near the top of the stack when it was bound. If that's the case I wonder if it would be treated similar to overspray hm

Anyway, I felt bored so I took your images and adjusted the fish eye effect (makes corners look rounder than they really are).

Looks like a 9.0-9.2 to me :applause:

FF73Front.jpg

FF73Back.jpg

I am put off by tanning halos (especially on white covers) but this looks really nice.

If not for the dents would be better, with those I’d venture into a F to F/VF territory, which is to say between 6.0 and 7.0. May be a 7.5 (introductory grade for the VF range) but I would be more towards the 6.5 (conservatively) or 7.0.

I'm also put off by the tanning here! This copy should've worn sun block! :grin:

I am looking to see if this copy can qualify for a VF since I may put this up on eBay.

I don't want to overgrade and misrepresent the condition in my auction title and description.

I look forward to hearing from the rest of the gang if possible with their takes.

Again, thanks! c0148.gif

It looks like maybe this book was near the top of the stack when it was bound. If that's the case I wonder if it would be treated similar to overspray hm

Anyway, I felt bored so I took your images and adjusted the fish eye effect (makes corners look rounder than they really are).

Looks like a 9.0-9.2 to me :applause:

Wow! :o

You think this can get to a 9.0 as it is? In hand, I can tell you it doesn't look that terrible. The corners are super sharp. Well it looks nice except for the dreaded "tanning!" :P

Now you have me thinking of holding onto this instead of just tossing it on eBay. hm

i think 9.0 is possible...the light creases by the Thor's cape might be too much to get higher but a quick press can flatten out those tiny tears to make the tears less "pronounced" or whatever word fits.

Hey, if it's between 8.5 and 9.0, I'll be very happy!

Again, I value your opinion very much . Thank you! (worship)

I agree, a press to flatten the dents at the top and make the spine lay super flat you've got an 8.5/9.0, maybe higher. I'm not that against tanning or dust shadows, these are paper products, it's going to happen.

That‘s the problem: I can’t tell what a "pressing" can do, being in Italy.

However, as is, I really think Sulphur this time overgraded.

I agree I was low this time, 8.0+ is more like that. And if "pressing" may fix those dents, well it can go above. Maybe cover looks more yellowih than it is because of your digital camera. And yes… the fish-eye effect is misleading, maybe it’s a thing to keep in mind before listing on eBay.

I agree, a press to flatten the dents at the top and make the spine lay super flat you've got an 8.5/9.0, maybe higher. I'm not that against tanning or dust shadows, these are paper products, it's going to happen.

Heh, maybe it’s just tanning it’s one of my "pet hates"… :P

I agree I was low this time, 8.0+ is more like that.

Sulpher is only human, but rarely off his game with regards to grading. :o

Heck, if this comic is a possible 8.0, that's not bad either. ;)

Thanks again for your revisit to my PGM 73 thread. Much appreciated.

i think 9.0 is possible...the light creases by Thor's cape might be too much to get higher but a quick press can flatten out those tiny tears to make the tears less "pronounced" or whatever word fits.

:o:o:o

It's true, it's true :ohnoez: I missed the creases :boo:

8.0 :sorry:

Sulpher is only human

hm Well, actually...

i think 9.0 is possible...the light creases by Thor's cape might be too much to get higher but a quick press can flatten out those tiny tears to make the tears less "pronounced" or whatever word fits.

:o:o:o

It's true, it's true :ohnoez: I missed the creases :boo:

8.0 :sorry:

Looks like I got excited for nothing. s0623.gifcrying-and-sobbing.gif

FF73Front-a.jpg

Based on the consensus, this pig now gets tossed up on eBay with a VF (e.g., 8.0) designation as it's condition in the title and listing. I think that's a fair representation and not an overgrade. Someone will get a bargain for it.

Thanks to everyone who responded! thumbs_up.gif

yup, with the closer pic, I would scale down my 9.0 to 8.5 because the creases by the cape are actually much bigger as one extended pass Thor's foot.

but if you listed as an 8.0, I think you won't get any complains.

Do not set the starting bid too low, MODOK.

And if you aren’t in a hurry I would really wait to have a scanner to present both a photo of the front and some cam shots of the book at an angle, and of the inside pages.

One may not think of it, but what makes me decide to bid it’s almost often an accurate description. Page quality can be also stated simply by writing it, but it’s great to see the inside pages (also for the story).

Now I haven’t checked, but I seriously hope I am not missing this issue. My wallet right now is in NO condition to spit additional cash… :eek:

Do not set the starting bid too low, MODOK.

And if you aren’t in a hurry I would really wait to have a scanner to present both a photo of the front and some cam shots of the book at an angle, and of the inside pages.

One may not think of it, but what makes me decide to bid it’s almost often an accurate description. Page quality can be also stated simply by writing it, but it’s great to see the inside pages (also for the story).

Now I haven’t checked, but I seriously hope I am not missing this issue. My wallet right now is in NO condition to spit additional cash… :eek:

It won't go for much at VF condition IMO.

I start all my 7 day auctions at $15.99, so I think that's fair starting price for this one. We'll see where it ends up.

I'll revive this thread and provide a link if and when I do decide to jettison this raggedy pig up on eBay.

Thanks for the suggestion on taking photos of the interior page quality. I'll do that also, and post photos of several pages here as well before I eBay this sucker.