• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four 73

28 posts in this topic

1) When you sell, do larger bulks of issues. US buyers probably won’t mind with US sellers, but from Italy I’m motivated to bid when I can bid on a number of books, so if I miss the one I’m really after I can optimize shipping. Especially because you are in Thailand;

I see you put the ASM #102 on eBay.

You did not follow my advice to sell books in batches… :makepoint:

Now don’t come complaining afterwards if it sells for 15.99 USD. :taptaptap:

I will also be annoyed if it sells for so little, as I have been looking for a nice copy for a long time, now I have one in low grade and waiting for another, a FN- 5.5 which I paid about 30 USD. But that’s just me, I’m a insufficiently_thoughtful_person since when I do want a book I have no patience… :sorry:

take a shot of the interior cover open with the splash page together...that is usually enough to show the PQ as well as any issue with browning and tanning of the interior cover.

+1

Will do! Thanks, friend, for the suggestion! c0148.gif

I see you put the ASM #102 on eBay.

You did not follow my advice to sell books in batches… :makepoint:

Now don’t come complaining afterwards if it sells for 15.99 USD. :taptaptap:

I will also be annoyed if it sells for so little, as I have been looking for a nice copy for a long time, now I have one in low grade and waiting for another, a FN- 5.5 which I paid about 30 USD. But that’s just me, I’m a insufficiently_thoughtful_person since when I do want a book I have no patience… :sorry:

Hahahahahaha! lol

If I get close to $30 for that ASM 102 VF+, I will be thrilled.

Currently, it's at $16.49 at the time of this message. There's about 4.5 days left and already 5 watchers. I know some of these "watchers" will turn into SNIPERS on the last day. I'm basing that on my past experiences.

Also, I will be putting up a batch of about 20 more comic books for 7 day auctions starting 30th September. The winner of the ASM 102 VF+ can wait if he/she wants. I will be putting up some Silver Age Thors, Fantastic Fours, Avengers, Daredevil, etc. Mixed bag of VF to better.

I know my timing is always wrong. I would have gladly paid a reasonable price for such a nice copy, but now I guess I’ll have to see how’s the 5.5 I am waiting and then grow some brain… :(

Anyway, later on I will PM about a few bronze age books I’d love to find in great shape, who knows?

I see some of the recent sales did not went so bad, however.

OK, as promised, I took several photos of the interior.

Looks like the tanning is throughout and the page quality is not the best. :(

I plan to get a reading copy of this issue. When I do, this copy is going up on eBay.

Despite the imperfections, I am just really "marveling" (no pun intended) at Jack "King" Kirby's work in this particular issue. It really is awesome.

Every panel of art jumps out. The King was at the top of his game when he penciled this. I particular like the way Joe Sinnott inked this as well.

FF73-Inside.jpg

FF73-Inside1.jpg

FF73-Inside2.jpg

I know my timing is always wrong. I would have gladly paid a reasonable price for such a nice copy, but now I guess I’ll have to see how’s the 5.5 I am waiting and then grow some brain… :(

Jump in and bid! You may get this copy at a steal of a deal. If you do, you'll be upgrading the 5.5 you just bought.

Have a look at my eBay auction for this ASM 102 VF+! m0785.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221129417314?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649